LockedHCnix Installation

Author
Lauren
2011/01/20 03:54:51 (permalink)

HCnix Installation

Its good to see that HC is offering free HCnix licenses. I download it and tried to install it but had to work a lot to get it done. I was not sure about the supported packages to install for the installation of HCnix. Anyway , it was a good experience. 

4 Replies Related Threads

cdowner
    Re:HCnix Installation 2011/03/12 10:13:53 (permalink)
    Lauren
    Its good to see that HC is offering free HCnix licenses. I download it and tried to install it but had to work a lot to get it done. I was not sure about the supported packages to install for the installation of HCnix. Anyway , it was a good experience. 

I am having a hard time with mine as after the installation, I was told PHP need to be updated and after checking Pearl, MySQL, & PHP all are upto date and require no more updates.
    My defalt web page unable to show
    Can't connect to Hcnix interface
    HTTpd .......... state failed & will not restart even when I run the command, I have been on this for a couple of days any suggestion or help.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:HCnix Installation 2011/03/14 12:45:48 (permalink)
    Check the apache log this will give exact idea due to which apache is failing
    tail -l /var/log/httpd/error-log
    Lauren
    Re:HCnix Installation 2011/06/10 07:51:09 (permalink)
    It was initially hard for me. But after some consideration i found our it you could install the prerequisites properly then the installation will go on bumpy dumpy. Note my point
    1.) Install php , on centos you will have to update this  and on other distros will work fine.
    2.) Install MySQL and give enough permission  to it by using this command from MySQL shell.
    Grant all privileges on *.* to root@'%' identified by 'password' with grant option;
    You may have to configure my.cnf and set the bind-address to the IP on which MySQL server will listen.
    3.) Install Apache.
    And now run the HCnix installer , i guarantee 100% that the installation will go smoothly.
    Xavier
    Re:HCnix Installation 2011/06/11 01:10:20 (permalink)
    Lauren

It was initially hard for me. But after some consideration i found our it you could install the prerequisites properly then the installation will go on bumpy dumpy. Note my point
    1.) Install php , on centos you will have to update this  and on other distros will work fine.
    2.) Install MySQL and give enough permission  to it by using this command from MySQL shell.
    Grant all privileges on *.* to root@'%' identified by 'password' with grant option;
    You may have to configure my.cnf and set the bind-address to the IP on which MySQL server will listen.
    3.) Install Apache.
    And now run the HCnix installer , i guarantee 100% that the installation will go smoothly.

Nice stepwise information. I think HC Team should also make KB article out of this info. :)
    Jump to: