LockedUPTIME/DOWNTIME statitics

Author
shap
2011/02/21 05:43:34 (permalink)

UPTIME/DOWNTIME statitics

It would be really nice to actually be able to use HC as a monitor tool as well. Because you have it all in front of you. The system is installed and is configured to certain services, and when it is configured to these services then you already know what to monitor.

So now there is just to add a module in HC backend where it is possible to see and search in the stats table and do some easy lookup like: today, this week, last week, this month, last month, this year, last year, custom (between dates)

This would be really nice because it allows one to keep track on services and within the same panel. This way there is no need for any other software for a straight out of the box hosting control panel.

Scott

4 Replies Related Threads

steve01
    Starting Member
    Re:UPTIME/DOWNTIME statitics 2011/02/21 06:29:28 (permalink)
    As per my understanding you want a module from which you can search /view the status of services on any particular period as you mentioned today, this week, last week, this month, last month, this year, last year, custom (between dates). This a good feature but I need little more modification :)

I have noticed few times that HC remoting service crashes or hangs or because of it HC stops functioning properly as it is a main service. So, there should be feature to monitor this service and once it is down then HC automatically restart it or atleast send any alert message to host so that he can manually restart this service.

steve01
    Starting Member
    Re:UPTIME/DOWNTIME statitics 2011/02/21 06:38:54 (permalink)
    Just for the information, I found a feature in HC and it is showing the status of all services. But it is only showing the current status of any services, you can check this from My Server >> System Services.
    shap
    Re:UPTIME/DOWNTIME statitics 2011/02/21 06:40:33 (permalink)
    Exactly, what I want is to be able to track up and downtime directly from HC because this give a better overview of the services. If it could be related to performance libraries it would be perfect.

About the HC service you can set it to automatically restart it's service under services in windows. So this should not be a problem to achieve at this very moment.
    shap
    Re:UPTIME/DOWNTIME statitics 2011/02/21 06:42:58 (permalink)
    I asked the sales team and they did not have this feature on their todo list so this is why I suggest it because I believe that it could greatly improve the experience of HC. It also gives a more features in one panel feeling.
    Jump to: