LockedCustomize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :)

Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :)

I agree, this feature should exist   100% (5)
No, I disagree   0% (0)

Total Votes: 5

Voting Ends:
Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2011/04/15 05:43:12 (permalink)

Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :)

Dear friends,

It seems we cannot customize that welcome text in HC 8's home page. I mean, we can, but wed have to edit the language file directly, which gets overwritten on each upgrade.

Dont you think this is a basic feature? After all the text in welcome page is an HC propaganda "Welcome to HC, the most powerful panel, etc, etc". I really think there should be a feature to let us customize this text, dont you?

Actually it would be neat to customize any page... For example the mail server page, I wanted to add some text about our password policy, a better explanation about quota ("you can choose whatever quota you want in the field xxx"), but I had to do a workaround and put that somehow inside some other tag in the lang file.

Lets see if other users agree :)

Thanks!!

7 Replies Related Threads

patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2011/04/23 10:58:41 (permalink)
    It would be wonderful that customization should be possible in all part of control panel. Host/reseller should have option to drag and re-arrange the menus/icon/toolbar in the HC panel.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2011/05/28 08:15:44 (permalink)
    Nobody else agrees?
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2011/11/29 15:12:09 (permalink)
    HC,

any ideas on this? can we have an option where we can add comments/text easily?

For example I customize some strings in contents.xml to inform customers about our email pwd policy, another one in new ticket with our emergency cel phone for off commercial hours support, etc.

Each time I ugprade I lose that and have to redo it. If its not possible to have a feature to let us add comments to certain sections, another idea is if we can create a file such as contents-2.xml that would also be read and if it has some variable that already exists in content, HC priorizes contents2.xml... This way at least I dont have to recustomize on each upgrade.

Thanks for considering.

FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2012/04/03 08:37:54 (permalink)
    Dear HC,

Still struggling with this. IMHO there could be at least a way to add text to the welcome page, without it being overwritten, and a different text for each reseller.

Im having to customize contents.xml on each upgrade, its time consuming. I need to inform customers if they open ticket after work hours to call a certain cel phone. I have to tell customers about our email pwd policy in the Email manager, etc.

Please, consider some solution for us. For now I continue editing contents.xml manually.

Thank you.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2013/03/22 13:20:27 (permalink)
    [<font]Hello, 

Yes, this feature is in our to do list but there is no ETA. It will be included with any future build. 

[<font]Thank You
    Regards,
    post edited by Luca2 - 2013/03/22 13:22:20
    handyman
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2013/04/04 01:52:40 (permalink)
    When would be available in HC?
    Dolphyn
    Re:Customize welcome page and other pages - a basic feature dont you think? :) 2016/10/05 00:56:50 (permalink)
    This is a great suggestion! I would appreciate a straightforward way to customize any page as needed, including the ability for resellers to override the welcome message.
    Jump to: