LockedCentralized DNS server

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2011/05/31 06:37:43 (permalink)

Centralized DNS server

I would suggest if HC can add this feature in any of the upcoming builds.

We should be able to setup a standalone DNS server with a secondary server for the secondary DNS and that standalone DNS server would be used as a centralized DNS server for all the hosting controller clusters. This will allow to have a common DNS servers for all the websites hosted via HC on separate HC clusters. To support this, HC can allow multiple master instances in HC slave which will be used in the DNS server. This way, it can be used for all the HC clusters.

2 Replies Related Threads

Xavier
    Re:Centralized DNS server 2011/06/01 16:17:27 (permalink)
    I think if you use Bind on Linux then it can be used as Centralized DNS server in the cluster because from HC Linux point of view the only information of servers is added to hosts.allow file. I think Windows part would not be able to set centralized DNS.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:Centralized DNS server 2011/06/02 05:48:12 (permalink)
    nitaish

I would suggest if HC can add this feature in any of the upcoming builds.

We should be able to setup a standalone DNS server with a secondary server for the secondary DNS and that standalone DNS server would be used as a centralized DNS server for all the hosting controller clusters. This will allow to have a common DNS servers for all the websites hosted via HC on separate HC clusters. To support this, HC can allow multiple master instances in HC slave which will be used in the DNS server. This way, it can be used for all the HC clusters.

This would be a wonderful implementation in the Hosting controller to let customer for setting centralize roles i.e DB/Mail/DNS on windows box. Please do consider this.
    Jump to: