LockedFAO HC Management - Pre-Sales questions

Author
chrisduk
2011/06/07 06:38:03 (permalink)

FAO HC Management - Pre-Sales questions

Hi

I have some pre-sales questions from HC.
We currently Have 2 x Helm 3 control servers with 20 remotes all windows 2003 r2 std edition 32bit.  Both control servers share the same remote servers.  Can we migrate both the control servers in to one HC Database??
We also have WebsitePanel running on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 with 15 Remotes,  Can we too migrate that in to a single HC Database so we have 1 control panel to replace our current 3??

Migration tool questions:-

can we run a migration on the server without making it live, ie have everything in the control panel but not change IIS so we can see the CP working with the domains before we go live? as the description seems to say it'll copy all domains to new paths etc which as this time we don't want.

How does Migration tool manage FTP Accounts? does it edit all of them too to the new paths?

Do you support moving from WebsitePanel Hyper-V module to your Hyper-V module  in the migration tool?

General Questions:-
Does your WHMCS module fully work with HC8? I read some posts on here where people say it does not work in multi-server environment? 

Can resellers create sub-resellers? as if we are moving our Website Panel customers, obviously we can't take this feature away from our customers?

Can the billing panel & domain registration be disabled globally? we don't want any of our resellers to use it as it has no anti-fraud protection in it, we'd much prefer people to stay with WHMCS etc.

Do you have a Repair/Restore/Migration tool similar to Helm 3 for disaster recovery?

Module Questions:
 Does your Hyper-V support Bandwidth monitoring? 
Does your Hyper-V support the new Windows 2008 R2 SP1 functionality  such as dynamic RAM?
Your website says "Configuring network adapters/Sysprep support Coming Soon"  How do you currently template Windows VPS if this feature does not exist? i thought this would be the most basic first feature?
Your website also says "Sending VPS summary letter"  Was this feature list copied from Dotnetpanel website? as clearly its not a letter as a letter is usually something sent in the Post, it should say Summary E-Mail.    The feature list also looks very similar/copied.

Support/Development/Update Questions:
 If i was a current customer, and i contacted you via ticket or forums as i found a bug,  how long would it usually take you to fix a bug and deploy it? do you provide hotfix's or does everyone have to wait for the next official update release?

What is your HC plans for 2011/2012/2013 for growth and new features?

What is your average support response turn around?

Also on your online demo, if i create a shared ssl and then click the domain, if i click browse nothing happens... shouldn't that attempt to open the shared SSL in a new window? 
post edited by chrisduk - 2011/06/07 06:45:22

1 Reply Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:FAO HC Management - Pre-Sales questions 2011/06/08 06:28:24 (permalink)
    First of all, welcome Chrisduk to HC forum.
    Now coming to your questions, I'll be replying in same order as questions are asked: 

Yes, you can move/migrate all these servers into one big cluster managed by Hosting Controller. The sites and users will be migrated in step-by-step process which will take some time but will elimenate any chance of error.

Now coming to your migration tool questions: If you run HC migration utility, it will move selected/all users/website into HC panel and currently there is no transition stage where you keep migrated domains in inactive/passive mode for testing - once the migration is complete, the selected websites are moved in HC. Yes, migration manages the FTP account anc currently it does not support migration from WebSitePanel to Hosting Controller for Hyper-V module.

On General Questions: Yes, WHMCS is fully supported in HC8, build-11 and for multi-cluster support will be available in upcoming build. In HC8, ability to create reseller under reseller is not available. Yes, you can disable any service including Billing or domain registration globally. We've a rebuild utility under the name of rebuildXpress, http://www.hostingcontroller.com/english/products/rebuildXpress/Features.html and lot of more features related to RBX are coming in next builds and version.

Now questions related to Module: Hyper-V module doesn't support bandwidth monitoring (and currently Hyper-V itself doesn't provide such support). The RAM can be assigned to specific plan but could you explain this dynamic RAM concept? Configuring network adapters feature is available though Sysprep (Generalized VHD) support will be available in our upcoming builds. kindly refer to this link which explains some of your questions related to Hyper-V module, http://www.hostingcontroller.com/english/products/Virtualization-Automation-Solution/docs.html .

And to the similarities of online content, I am not sure why is this? or maybe we've a new technical writer from DNP Canadian office as our office isn't far from it Don't worry, we've skilled team who take cares all documentations.

To your questions on Support/Development/Update: If the bug or reported issue is a show-stopper then fix will be available immediately otherwise in next build. Similarly, we're very open to new requirements and suggestion, generally the response time is quick on feature requests as well. Big, big plans for Hosting Controller in year 2012, 13 and followings... Of course, HC9 will be coming with lots of exciting features. Once you become HC valued customer, we would love to share our roadmap with you. The average response time on Support is less than 4 hours and if you're a priority customers then response time is much faster too. Better, test it yourself by sending email. SSL is not configured on online demo but test it locally or on test environment - it works flawlessly.  

And I will suggest if you communicate with us through email (ticketing system) - the response will be quick. Moreover, our team is available 24/7 to answers your sales or technical queries.

Jump to: