LockedI am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url.

Author
rajesh
2011/09/30 05:58:48 (permalink)

I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url.

Sir,
I Have new set up of Server , one master and other for hosting both on window inside HC.  Now I am making a web site which will use HC api to pull data. But i need to get API url. I tried inside HC to get it but it requires me to add domain first against which it will give me URL. I am not able to add domain. I am working for my client. Am I missing something ? I used the steps go to "server"..

Please help me get out of here.

10 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/09/30 06:03:11 (permalink)
    What error panel is throwing while adding website ?

After fresh HC setup here are some helpful instructions to configure control panel http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a95/how-to-configure-hc-panel-with-basic-setting.aspx
    rajesh
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/09/30 07:10:26 (permalink)
    very Curious and since first time user of this HC. Please clear my one doubt. Since i am admin of HC meaning  main person who purchased this HC, then tell me  should create a reseller in order to create website ? It is written in the link this: 4.  Create reseller into HC8 panel who can only create websites/webadmin from User Manager :: Add User. So I should be reseller also right ? Few questions associated with this:

1. can't admin create  plan ?
    2. My client added 2 server, one master and another web hosting server ? what it means with master?
    3. What is meaning of server in cluster ?

Sorry for my ignorance.

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/09/30 07:18:18 (permalink)

That's right in order to create websites/domain owner you must create one reseller for your own company use. And better to sell it unlimited resource plan.

To efficiently control all levels of web hosting, Hosting Controller has been divided into three levels of administration:
     Hosting Administrators - Sometimes referred to as HCadmin.
    Resellers - Sometimes referred to as ResAdmin.
    Web Administrators - Sometimes referred to as WebAdmin or Domain Owner End user

Hosting Administrators:
    The hosting administrator is the owner of the server which hosts the sites and sets up the entire hosting system. The HostAdmin's server(s) keep your web-sites up and running to be accessed any time over the internet. To perform all the administrative tasks related to entire hosting, HostAdmin has the highest level of control.

Resellers:
    Hosting administrators create Resellers, who are directly responsible for creating and administering the web sites, and WebAdmins who own the web-sites on the web server. Each Reseller may create and administer one or many (depending upon the assigned quota) Web Administrators. Resellers can only alter or delete domains which they create. And perform other tasks

Web Administrators:
    WebAdmins are the actual owners of the web sites purchased from the Resellers, and their control is confined to their personal sites. WebAdmins can control all aspects of their site, Hosting Controller has been designed to give users the authority to manage their own situation with the least amount of outside intervention.

rajesh
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/09/30 07:28:06 (permalink)
    Really your answer helps me a lot and i am very much clear. and i am going to add one web site. with in 1-2 days I hope I will be up to start with your hosting controller. Here is one very critical question which is disturbing me a lot - Client has added 2 servers in HC, what this mean is? Are these servers are still at client premise and HC is electronically wired to it through some technologies ? I am asking this question becuase user can change RAM, CPU , memory of this server through HC. Client used the word cluster also?

So if you provide good link to leanr more on this how servers are associated with HC that will be great. This is basic fundamentals and I must know. I am waiting and going to add website and in case problem I will again request you.

Sincerely,
    Rajesh

rajesh
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/09/30 07:50:18 (permalink)
    Tahir - I tried adding website but after second step, "Next" page is just blank. I could not upload screen shot due to file size limitation.

I am here                             Domains :: Add Website  then

At plan information grid "Next" Botton is not responding. Please see to it as client is on my head.

Rajesh

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/10/02 03:55:35 (permalink)
    rajesh

Really your answer helps me a lot and i am very much clear. and i am going to add one web site. with in 1-2 days I hope I will be up to start with your hosting controller. Here is one very critical question which is disturbing me a lot - Client has added 2 servers in HC, what this mean is? Are these servers are still at client premise and HC is electronically wired to it through some technologies ? I am asking this question becuase user can change RAM, CPU , memory of this server through HC. Client used the word cluster also?

So if you provide good link to leanr more on this how servers are associated with HC that will be great. This is basic fundamentals and I must know. I am waiting and going to add website and in case problem I will again request you.

Sincerely,
    Rajesh

HC support Multi clustering this mean user can manage more than one machine in a single cluster and can operate them using single interface. Any machine added in HC cluster this doesn't mean that user can make changes in the Hardware i.e cpu/Ram/HDD. Only they can create shared hosting services in these respective machines.
    You can find the HC manual for Host/Reseller/Webadmin level with detail in this link https://hostingcontroller...products/Hc8/docs.html

If you still facing any problem with website/user creation then feel free to open a trouble ticket on HC support channel they will fix the problem for you.

rajesh
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/10/03 06:17:30 (permalink)
    Tahir - I tried adding website but after second step, "Next" page is just blank. I could not upload screen shot due to file size limitation.

I am here                            
    Domains :: Add Website tab  then

At plan information grid "Next" Botton is not responding. Please see to it as client is on my head.

Rajesh

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:I am not able to add Domain in order to get API Url. 2011/10/03 06:42:58 (permalink)
    There must be some configuration issue with panel, is it possible for you to send us support ticket http://portal.hostingcontroller.com and provide us the control panel host login we will debug the issue and provide solution.
    rajesh
    I am not able to add User with API got error code : 74900020 2011/10/04 02:51:49 (permalink)
    Sir,
    I Have configured Hosting controller API. I have got User list with GetUser() Method. but when i add new user with API method
    AddUser(parameter) . I am getting error "Operation could not be completed successfully; Invalid parameter. ErrorCode :74900020" . I have followed this link "http://hostingcontroller.com/english/support/HC8Manuals/API_DevelopersGuide.pdf" to Add users.

Please help me get out of here.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:I am not able to add User with API got error code : 74900020 2011/10/04 06:31:31 (permalink)
    Please open a new thread in HC Developers Corner to discuss any query about HC API http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/tt.aspx?forumid=18
    Jump to: