LockedIIS7 / MSFTP 7.5 Create domain but no FTP

Author
adrianbrown
2011/11/17 03:33:17 (permalink)

IIS7 / MSFTP 7.5 Create domain but no FTP

Ive setup iis7 and ms ftp 7.5 as per the knowledgebase.  I select MSFTP 7 in the server config, I can see an select the default FTP that i setup.   I have configured the LocalUser and permissions correctly from what i can tell.

The problem I have is that when I create a domain, it lists the ftp under ftp sites but i dont have access and cannot see any reference to any new virtual directories under the default/localuser in iis7?

Any help would be great, ive bashed my head for ages

2 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:IIS7 / MSFTP 7.5 Create domain but no FTP 2011/11/17 04:51:04 (permalink)
    As per this kb instructions http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a127/how-to-configure-ftp-7x-in-hc-panel.aspx You will create a default ftp site in the IIS and then LocalUser as virtual directory under it. 
    then when you will create webadmin or additional ftp user they should be listed under Default FTP Site > LocalUser
    adrianbrown
    Re:IIS7 / MSFTP 7.5 Create domain but no FTP 2011/11/17 05:44:15 (permalink)
    Ahh, reading your reply made me realise my mistake.  I had created everythign correctly, however i had moved from FTP6 to FTP7 after i had made the initial reseller and webadmin accounts.  As such these accounts were not available so it wasnt adding the domains to them.  I have deleted the accounts and readded them and it all works fine now.

Out of interest, if I had needed to change ftp after i had created alot of accounts, would this be possible?

Many Thanks
    Jump to: