LockedInstall Apps Broken in 9 build 3?

Author
Index_eBusiness
Starting Member
2012/10/23 07:29:13 (permalink)

Install Apps Broken in 9 build 3?

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the Install Apps in v9 build 3?

When we click on Install Apps we have lost the ability to select a website from a drop down and the "Remaining" count says 0 even though the plan is set to unlimited.

There was an error during the install of the build 3 at the end, but then there was an error at the end of build 2 as well, something about the databaseupdater.exe crashed.

*sigh* I am starting to regret purchasing this control panel as all we are finding at the minute are bugs bugs bugs.

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Install Apps Broken in 9 build 3? 2012/10/23 08:28:41 (permalink)
    Its not a bug, actually its a modified implementation to enhance HC UI performance. If you are installing a click app for an existing website let say testing.com then just type " t " in the website field and HC will list all the websites starting with T character, or obviously you can type full website name as well.

There were different cases for example a reseller have thousand websites/webadmin/Sold plan etc etc and when reseller try to provision the service then panel were suppose to display all the existing accounts/website on same page, which took long time to list them or even it expire the HC session.

FYI: It is already mentioned in the build release note
    Modified Implementation: UI changes for optimization of large number of users and websites listing on HC Panel interface. While adding any hosting services under a reseller for an existing webadmin now you may write webadmin name or first letter in the field and it will display the existing webadmin.
    Index_eBusiness
    Starting Member
    Re:Install Apps Broken in 9 build 3? 2012/10/23 08:36:57 (permalink)
    Tahir
    FYI: It is already mentioned in the build release note
    Modified Implementation: UI changes for optimization of large number of users and websites listing on HC Panel interface. While adding any hosting services under a reseller for an existing webadmin now you may write webadmin name or first letter in the field and it will display the existing webadmin.

Uh hu, those release notes that I did read prior to posting this clearly tells me that, NOT!

How does that in way shape or form translate into "when installing a new Application using the Click and Install module you now have to start typing the name of an existing website and HC will present you with a list of matching websites for you to select"

It doesn't. I know English is not your first language but please it is not even close.

This still doesn't explain the "Remaining: 0" does it?
    Index_eBusiness
    Starting Member
    Re:Install Apps Broken in 9 build 3? 2012/10/23 08:41:44 (permalink)
    And anyway, Click & Install Apps is under Website Services, not Hosting Services as the release notes say!
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Install Apps Broken in 9 build 3? 2012/11/13 16:51:06 (permalink)
    Hi,

I had same question to support, thinking it broke (and so did my customers). Clearly IMHO the usability is not ideal. You have to start typing then select from the domain HC offer then it refreshes and shows correct quota... Its strange, why you have to type domain, choose it, to see the correct quota if its cumulative quota, cant HC show the quota right away...?

Also, if you type entirely the domain it does not work, it still shows 0.

Perhaps check if usability can be improved...

Thanks.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Install Apps Broken in 9 build 3? 2015/10/19 06:57:24 (permalink)
    We have noted down your suggestion and have forwarded it to the concerned department. This would be added in any of the upcoming builds of Hosting Controller where a webadmin should see the exact number of remaining click apps in his HC control panel while installing any app at  : Website Services :: Click & Install Apps :: Install App.
    Jump to: