2008/02/01 02:41:39
nitaish

Dotnet problem after upgrading to build 12

After upgrading to build 12, the asp.net was disabled in most of the websites on the server and I had to manually set the ASP.NET in those websites from the IIS. Has anybody else faced the same problem?


An ICANN Accredited Domain name Registrar
- OwnRegistrar.com
| Shared Hosting | Reseller hosting | Dedicated server | - QualiSpace.com
Premium AntiSpam / AntiVirus gateway - SpamTermino.com
Signup as a reseller and get domains only for $6.49
9 comments Leave a comment
HC Team
HC recommends users to disable .NET mappings from the root of the webserver because having mappings at root of the webserver causes following problems:

- In scripting qouta management
- Enabling/disabling ASP.net version on a site different from the version being inherited from the root of the webserver.

Latest build has removed mapping from the root of the webserver thats why you have got that problem. Actually HC enables/disables scripting explicitly on websites if quota is available in purchased plans but if mappings of a certain scripting are added on the web root, this causes all the websites to inherit it, no matter if the owner of the site has quota or not. I hope its clear.

If you still want to have .NET mapping on the root of the webserver then run this command:

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -sn W3SVC

Note: .NET framework v2.0 should be installed on your machine prior to install latest build 12.

________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419
2008/02/01 02:52:58
nitaish
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]HC recommends users to disable .NET mappings from the root of the webserver because having mappings at root of the webserver causes following problems:

- In scripting qouta management
- Enabling/disabling ASP.net version on a site different from the version being inherited from the root of the webserver.

Latest build has removed mapping from the root of the webserver thats why you have got that problem. Actually HC enables/disables scripting explicitly on websites if quota is available in purchased plans but if mappings of a certain scripting are added on the web root, this causes all the websites to inherit it, no matter if the owner of the site has quota or not. I hope its clear.

If you still want to have .NET mapping on the root of the webserver then run this command:

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -sn W3SVC

Note: .NET framework v2.0 should be installed on your machine prior to install latest build 12.

So, that means shall I enable ASP.NET for all these websites from HC once again so that the same problem does not reappear?


________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419




An ICANN Accredited Domain name Registrar
- OwnRegistrar.com
| Shared Hosting | Reseller hosting | Dedicated server | - QualiSpace.com
Premium AntiSpam / AntiVirus gateway - SpamTermino.com
Signup as a reseller and get domains only for $6.49
2008/02/01 03:22:15
HC Team
HC enables all scripting on a website on its creation from the panel provided the quota exists in the plan. So You should not face this problem for all those sites on which HC installed .NET. All those websites that did not get their scripting enabled due to quota limitation will face this problem, as they were inheriting their mappings from root.

So if you try to enable scripting for those websites from panel, HC will restrict it because of quota limitation. If you have given scripting quota to those websites after thier creation, then HC will allow you to enable scripting on it therefore you will have to enable scripting from the panel for all these websites.


________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419
2008/02/01 04:34:15
crnunez
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]HC enables all scripting on a website on its creation from the panel provided the quota exists in the plan. So You should not face this problem for all those sites on which HC installed .NET. All those websites that did not get their scripting enabled due to quota limitation will face this problem, as they were inheriting their mappings from root.

So if you try to enable scripting for those websites from panel, HC will restrict it because of quota limitation. If you have given scripting quota to those websites after thier creation, then HC will allow you to enable scripting on it therefore you will have to enable scripting from the panel for all these websites.


________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419



Some minutes ago, I had installed build 12, I faced the same problem ALL .NET mapping was remove for all websites!!! It's another issue in the installer.

In old build Yes HC remove .NET BUT ONLY for root NOT for all websites!

R.N.
2008/03/01 16:57:16
HC Team
quote:
Originally posted by crnunez
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]HC enables all scripting on a website on its creation from the panel provided the quota exists in the plan. So You should not face this problem for all those sites on which HC installed .NET. All those websites that did not get their scripting enabled due to quota limitation will face this problem, as they were inheriting their mappings from root.

So if you try to enable scripting for those websites from panel, HC will restrict it because of quota limitation. If you have given scripting quota to those websites after thier creation, then HC will allow you to enable scripting on it therefore you will have to enable scripting from the panel for all these websites.


________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419



Some minutes ago, I had installed build 12, I faced the same problem ALL .NET mapping was remove for all websites!!! It's another issue in the installer.

In old build Yes HC remove .NET BUT ONLY for root NOT for all websites!

R.N.



This is not another issue. Please read carefully my last reply about .NET mappings. Hopefully you will get my point.

________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419
2008/04/01 02:00:32
crnunez
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]HC enables all scripting on a website on its creation from the panel provided the quota exists in the plan. So You should not face this problem for all those sites on which HC installed .NET. All those websites that did not get their scripting enabled due to quota limitation will face this problem, as they were inheriting their mappings from root.

So if you try to enable scripting for those websites from panel, HC will restrict it because of quota limitation. If you have given scripting quota to those websites after thier creation, then HC will allow you to enable scripting on it therefore you will have to enable scripting from the panel for all these websites.


________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419



1º HC said: So You should not face this problem for all those sites on which HC installed .NET.

Issue facts: I had enabled .NET for all websites but the installer ignore this. I manually restore .NET in IIS.

Is it normal??? because you said "you should no face this problem" but I face the problem with all .NET on which installed .NEt.

2º I don't have any quota limitation and all websites had enabled .NET

3º Enable scripting ALWAYS was enable for each website (redundant)...

4º I am sure that this issue should be investigated for tracking and fix it.

5º I undertand your point, but the control panel doesnt auto enable .NET scripting because the last step in the installer was remove all mappings (bacth appear at end installer). Also the control panel doesnt work for any website after install the build, because the mapping doesnt exist.

Best regards.


R.N.
2008/04/01 05:13:12
HC Team
Installer does not remove mappings for each website. It use following command to remove mappings from the root of the webserver:

aspnet_regiis.exe -kn w3svc ( -kn meanz remove but non-recursively from the path given )

Anyway please use this command

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -sn W3SVC

to enable .NET mappings on the root of the web server.

________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419
2008/04/01 07:02:12
crnunez
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]Installer does not remove mappings for each website. It use following command to remove mappings from the root of the webserver:

aspnet_regiis.exe -kn w3svc ( -kn meanz remove but non-recursively from the path given )

Anyway please use this command

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -sn W3SVC

to enable .NET mappings on the root of the web server.

________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419



Very strange the issue, I read http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4616 and http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4573

But in my case with the last installer it removed all maps...

Regards.

R.N.
2008/08/01 13:20:54
HC Team
Build 12 has the command to remove .NET mappings from the root of the webserver. It seems in your case .NET mappings were removed from websites because these were inheriting from the root.

________________________
HC Support Team
support@hostingcontroller.com
http://hostingcontroller.com
+1-213-341-1419
2008/09/01 04:16:34

Comments are closed.