2009/08/27 23:26:18
nitaish

problem with stats updation

The awstats on our HC8 server never updates for any website. We have set the update schedule to 3 hours as directed by one of the HC support staff. We have the latest build installed. Can HC explain why awstats fails to update for all the websites?
20 comments Leave a comment
HC Staff
Well there isn't any issue in Awstats update with HC8. But points which you need to verify are

1=  Network card which holding the hc panel ip address must have High prorirty (This case only applies incase dual network card in the machine) 

To set priority of the network card

Go to start :: run :: Control Panel :: Network Card :: Advanced tab :: Advanced Setting  >>> Bring nic card on top list to set high priority

2= Perl path should be c:\Perl in HC Host ---Server Manager ---Edit Server ---Web Server Setting

3= HCSync Service should be running under Automatic status in Start --- Run ---Services.msc , this service use to update awstats.

4= Check System Event Viewer at every schedule HCsync event would be recorded there which will give detail about success or Error. You can check in there and if find any error then let us know.

2009/08/28 08:20:11
mbatalha
i had this same issue with awstats and could never get it to constantly update as it should so i finally moved to smarterstats. It wasnt free but the headache is gone.
2009/09/02 07:50:24
nitaish
Personally, I too wish to switch to smarterstats, but the issue is that it is costly compared to the rate at which we sell hosting. Also, customers say they find it difficult to understand. In the earlier versions of HC, HC used to create awstats in a single directory and hence we could update the stats by creating a separate batch file. It always worked like a charm. But now HC creates separate awstats in each website's special directory and it is not possible for us to run 1000 batch files on a server for 1000 websites. We have used the same old method in our own platform which we are developing in-house.
2009/09/02 08:57:22
HC Staff
Changing statistic server is not a solution for any problem unless customer change it due to feature option.

Natish did you check the event viewer in server  ? check the HCSync event name which shall be executed every 3 hour to perform awstats update. Put the event viewer description in here this will help us to find the reason.

Secondly, I will discuss with concern department for any possible solution for those customers who want to have awstats in single directory.

Currently the workaround would be >>> To move awstats of all websites from /special into HC installation /awstats directory and change /stats virtual directory home directory path in IIS. This way if you want to easily execute any batch file then this will help.
2009/09/02 13:06:48
nitaish
There is no log entry in either the application log or the system log.
2009/09/03 00:31:23
HC Staff
HCSync service perform different tasks and there have some activities for it in Event Viewer, if not then this service might be stopped in the machine.
2009/09/03 04:30:13
nitaish
FYI, HCsync service is running on all servers and still there is no event log.
2009/09/04 02:32:10
HC Staff
This is strange, so there is no HCSync activity for both cases (success/failure ). Kindly contact our support channel and provide them the server login to debug this matter.
2009/09/04 15:11:53
crnunez
Hi all,
       I will be glad if HC UPGRADE AWSTATS IN NEXT BUILD to latest version!

Thanks.
2009/10/09 08:34:32
HC Staff
HC Build4 Beta is already in testing environment due to which it can't be included. but definitely it will be available in next build.
2009/10/09 15:27:42
crnunez
I had migrate to Windows 2008, but at this moment Awstats doesnt work! I think there are some issue on HC when it create stats (application on IIS7). I dont se the user "HCAdministrator".

Someone has similar issue with 2008 server?
2009/10/10 14:56:00
crnunez
It's a very strange on Windows Server 2003 it works fine, but on Windows Server 2008 Awstats doesnt update! We are losing stats for all domains.

NIC CARD is high.
Sync service has a false/positive because It said "Hosting Controller Sync Service: awstats update completed." But it is false because the stats is not updated.

For some strange reason in Windows Server 2003 Quad Core, 2 GB Ram, HCSyncService consume little memory (under 100 MB) but on Windows Server 2008 HCSyncService consume 900 MB Ram!!! What is the issue?

I remember an issue similar some year ago with memory leak....
2009/10/12 06:32:10
HC Staff
crnunez

I had migrate to Windows 2008, but at this moment Awstats doesnt work! I think there are some issue on HC when it create stats (application on IIS7). I dont se the user "HCAdministrator".

Someone has similar issue with 2008 server?

This is our implementation where HC panel would use Website application pool and set website anonymous user in the stats virtual directory.
2009/10/12 12:13:32
crnunez
Stats doesn't update. Its a big trouble for me and my clients a this moment. Thanks for your help...
2009/10/12 12:55:02
nitaish
Will HC ever resolve the issue. We are all losing customers and business because of this stupid problem which has been bugging us since ages.
2009/11/25 03:09:07
HC Staff
nitaish

Will HC ever resolve the issue. We are all losing customers and business because of this stupid problem which has been bugging us since ages.

First of all awstats 6.8 update working with existing HC customer , but if it doesn't working with you then it might be a machine specific issue. For this I will recommend to contact our support channel so they could debug on your servers.

Regarding awstats 6.9 version, it is already implemented and will include in build5
2009/11/25 05:26:36
nitaish
Come on now!!! We have been hearing this since long. I am sure all the customers of HC are facing the problem though everybody does not complain as they might be using other applications like Smarterstats. If it is a machine specific issue, then are all the servers having the same problem? If yes, then HC should tell us what steps should be taken to resolve the issue. And if we believe HC is right and it is a machine specific issue, then I am ready to provide RDP login to a server. Will HC be able to resolve the so called Machine specific issue. I am sure there are lot of HC customers who will be ready to provide RDP access so that HC resolves the issue. Or simply, HC should admit that it is an issue with their system and they have not been able to resolve the awstats issue since HC 6.0 was introduced.
2009/11/27 00:14:34
HC Staff
nitaish

Come on now!!! We have been hearing this since long. I am sure all the customers of HC are facing the problem though everybody does not complain as they might be using other applications like Smarterstats. If it is a machine specific issue, then are all the servers having the same problem? If yes, then HC should tell us what steps should be taken to resolve the issue. And if we believe HC is right and it is a machine specific issue, then I am ready to provide RDP login to a server. Will HC be able to resolve the so called Machine specific issue. I am sure there are lot of HC customers who will be ready to provide RDP access so that HC resolves the issue. Or simply, HC should admit that it is an issue with their system and they have not been able to resolve the awstats issue since HC 6.0 was introduced.

We wouldn't agree on this part, that all customers facing this problem. Might possible that 4 or 5 customers including you facing this problem.
Whenever a customer report such issue then 95 percent their problem using instructions which explained in earlier post of this forum.

If you stats server is not working at all then you should contact our support department.
2009/11/30 22:13:09
nitaish
I am ready to contact the support department and give them the access to a server in which we are facing stats updation problem. Will the support department be able to resolve the issue? I don't mind waiting for a couple of days for them to revert.
2009/12/01 05:38:03
HC Staff
nitaish

I am ready to contact the support department and give them the access to a server in which we are facing stats updation problem. Will the support department be able to resolve the issue? I don't mind waiting for a couple of days for them to revert.

Yes, you can contact support department they will troubleshoot this issue. But if you can hold till build5 release then it would be better to contact them after testing awstats 6.9 with HC.

Note: Build5 beta is in already in the field, and final version is expected in a week base on beta tester users reports.
2009/12/02 20:07:44

Comments are closed.