LockedMail Domain not creating

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Okidoki
2006/03/27 09:23:27 (permalink)

Mail Domain not creating

After installing the last hotfix 3.0, when I create a new domain it doesn¬t create the Mail Domain. (Merak)

17 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/28 04:36:49 (permalink)
    I guess you have already opened a ticket # 94014 with support dept. and they have replied you. Please follow their mentioned instructions and let them know about your findings.
    Okidoki
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/28 13:37:06 (permalink)
    No, I have not received answer of you, today i sent a email again.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/29 02:04:59 (permalink)
    They did reply you right after receiving your ticket. I guess you are not getting their mails. Please check your spam filter it must be somewhere there. Anyway here is their reply:

It seems you are not selecting Merak mail server from the available Mail servers list while creating Domain that may be the cause of the issue. Please select the Merak Mail server from the available mail servers list while creating Domain and hopefully it will resolve the issue. If your mail server is on remote server then it may also possible that your Merak server is not communicating with your HC primary server properly. Please follow the article in order to resolve this issue. If still problem persists then please send us your remote server access along with HC panel access in order to debug the issue. Thanks

BTW what is your Merak Mail Server version? You can come to live chat to discuss your issue.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/29 04:01:01 (permalink)
    Okidoki, check if theres a file called api.dll in \windows\system32. If there is, renamed it to apiold.dll and copy the one (api.dll) from \merak to \windows\system32. I have to do this with latest Merak beta and it worked again.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/29 08:45:03 (permalink)
    Guys,

This is what IceWarp told me.

It seems HC is the one copying api.dll to \windows\system32, no?

So IceWarp recommended you guys check this, use API DLL in Merak path...

FZLLSL> Hello Flávio,
    FZLLSL> Well, a system solution would be if HC would read Merak installation
    FZLLSL> dir and then use api.dll located in this folder. Are you in touch with
    FZLLSL> them? I would suggest them to do it this way.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/30 07:40:35 (permalink)
    We simply copy API.dll from Merak Installation folder to /Windows/System32 folder. Is there any problem with API.dll?
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/30 10:14:07 (permalink)
    The thing is that API.DLL might change. For example, I upgraded my Merak and the API.DLL changed, the file size, dont know exactly why, etc.

So I copied it over to \windows\system32 and HC started creating accounts again (or else it would create just domains). This procedure I believe is known by you guys.

So what IceWarp suggested is that you guys could maybe NOT copy the file over to \win32, because it has priority over merak folder. Just check for it in Merak¬s root folder.

If you want, mail me, I can put you in contact with them.

Regards,
    Flavio
    Okidoki
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/03/30 12:50:17 (permalink)
    Thanks all, HC has solved the issue.
    Okidoki
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/04/04 07:23:46 (permalink)
    Again HC, not work more. :-(
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/04/04 13:28:22 (permalink)
    Support has fixed your issue again. Actually old API.DLL was replaced on your machine which was not updated. They have sent you correct procedure to replace this merak installation file at its correct location. Please check their mail for the reference.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/05/04 04:58:40 (permalink)
    Hi, HC

When possible, please answer my last post in this thread (to avoid this problem client had).
    Okidoki
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/05/04 10:03:47 (permalink)
    thanks, all work again
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/05/04 11:52:07 (permalink)
    In case of Merak version upgrade you have to simply disable / enable Merak in HC Settings under Mail tab. HC will copy the updated API.DLL from Merak installation folder to system Win32 folder.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Mail Domain not creating 2006/06/04 05:56:13 (permalink)
    1) Thanks. Well, doesnt seem very practical :) What IceWarp suggested is that you look for API.DLL in \merak path, so this problem disappears. Just an idea, for me its fine to know that if it stops working, I try to copy DLL from Merak folder to \windows\system32.

2) Is it possible for HC to recognize default.ini? The domain admin account created by HC does not inherit the defaults I specify. They come, for example, with antispam on, but it should be off according to what i defined in Merak for new accounts.

Thanks.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: