LockedHC Delivery Service problem

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
YoWmc
2006/09/05 03:39:34 (permalink)

HC Delivery Service problem

Hello,

I have the problem with delivering notifications to some users.

Here is one of the log lines which describes the problem (real adresses are replaced with some generic):

"Error",
"09/05/06",
"10:08:52",
"Failed to send mail",
"mail.users-domain.com (replaced)",
" hcadmin@mydomain.com (replaced)",
" user@users-domain.com (replaced)",
"Disk Usage Warning Report",
"See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html.",
"C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin\ba7ff032-aacc-4a21-9bda-99b9a0858d50.sqm",

On this address, which I have found in previos log line, http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html is described what is the problem. It seems that HC mailer is not written according to RFC822.

Could you please check this issue, becuse I have lots of undelivered notifications, and I am sure that many other HC users may have the same problem, even maybe they are not aware of it.

Thanks.

19 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/05/09 08:03:30 (permalink)
    HC Delivery Service always take emails from user profile and send notifications on them. I am not getting your point please be more descriptive in your query. Thanx
    redbaran
    Premium Member
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/09 22:07:04 (permalink)
    What he is saying is that the HC SMTP service is violating a RFC822 rule and it is listed at the URL that he included.
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/10/09 03:53:17 (permalink)
    HC when something doesn¬t conform to the internet standard it causes issues. Remember different mail severs check for standards, if an email doesn’t conform it can be classed as spam or something else. Remember spammers don¬t get things right etc. Some mail servers are strict and don’t allow emails which aren¬t to the proper standard.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc822/
    More info on 822.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/11/09 06:43:35 (permalink)
    Above Logs are not HC SMTP logs. It seems you are using HC .sqm files for your own purpose. HC creates log files at this path \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP of your HC installation. Please note that HC SMTP creates .sqm files in \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin for its own purpose thats why its not written in RFC 822 format but HC sends actual mail to destination mail server in RFC standard format.
    YoWmc
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/19 08:05:06 (permalink)
    Well, I give up. I didn¬t want to argue with HC Support and lose my time, but after this last answer I could not stay silent any more. This is not the first time that HC Support ignores problems of their customers. I¬ve seen that lots of times on this forum. I am very disappointed in their so called "Support".

My impression is that the several different persons answers as "HC Support", but only few of them have more than basic computer knowledge... I can¬t believe that somebody, who calls themself "support" for some product, does not know how their product works and what kind of logs it makes. And it¬s always problem with customer, HC is erorrless. Their motto should be - "Blame it on customer - we can¬t reproduce problem on our server!"

Let me explain why I am so mad, step by step:

HC Support said:
    Above Logs are not HC SMTP logs. HC creates log files at this path \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP of your HC installation.

Well, guess what - this IS the part of HC SMTP log. And HC DOES NOT creates log files in the folder you mentioned, but in this one: "C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\log". But do I need to explain such things to HC Support, or it should be vice versa? In that folder there are daily HC SMTP logs named like this "09-19-06-HostLog.csv". And each file has one line per email. Or maybe, the problem is with my installation, because you can¬t reproduce logs on your server. The log I have sent was one line extracted from that log, and formatted in several lines for the purpose that forum readers can easily read that log. Originaly that log was in one line. And of course, I have changed real addresses for obvious reasons.

HC Support also said:
    It seems you are using HC .sqm files for your own purpose. Please note that HC SMTP creates .sqm files in \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin for its own purpose thats why its not written in RFC 822 format but HC sends actual mail to destination mail server in RFC standard format.

I am NOT using .sqm files for my own purposes. And the problem is not releted on how HC handles email internally - the problem IS in the fact that HC Mailer DOES NOT SENDS EMAILS according to RFC822.

And this is just minor problem - what about this one: Memory leaking. HC Support ignores that problem for more than a year!

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/19 11:29:42 (permalink)
    You DON¬T have any right to deface HC Support. If HC forums are not moderated that does not mean you can exploit them in your own way. We are always open for good suggestions and critics but these should be constructive. Not to mention we have many satisfied customers and they are happy with HC support.

If I said that HC creates SMTP logs at this path \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP then its true. That is very much understandable and makes sense "Logs" folder is located under above path. I am not here to explain you A B C of everything. Being a host you should understand it yourself.

Now lets come back to the topic please explain me about those RFC 822 standard formats which we don¬t follow and Mail Server don¬t accept mails due to them. That will help us to understand your issue in detail. Thanx
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/19 12:47:48 (permalink)
    I think you guys need to chill out, look at the problem objectively

HC You have said you cant explain the in¬s and outs of hc smtp service well thats not a problem, no one expects you to.

What the user is saying is an RFC standard isn¬t being followed now theirs nothing we hosts can do about it. Its hc¬s source code. The user was kind enough to give you this link http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html which gives a basic explanation of the issue.

We as hosts can¬t provide solutions every time to hc, i try to find the exact point of the issue but without the code no one knows.

So i would suggest the dev team look into it for v7 as im sure you want v7 to comply with common standards.

Theres no point shouting at each other you end up going round in circles.

Anyways thats my cards on the table.
    It seems for the moment hc is working hard on v7 so are other control panel providers so getting stuff fixed isn¬t going to happen in v6 so i would suggest waiting till v7 is released which i guess will be around christmas time.

I¬m not just saying that as if i don¬t care we have a very annoying mysql issue which hc can¬t fix in v6 to much time etc. I¬m not saying thats right or wrong but a bit of give is needed on both sides.
    YoWmc
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 03:09:39 (permalink)
    Ok, I apologize if I was rude, but as a long time HC customer and experienced developer and system administrator, I think that I have rights to say my opinion sometime. If I have wanted to deface HC Support, I would wrote those things on some other forums, not here. But I didn¬t because that was not my intention. I just wanted that HC Support pay little more attention to their customer¬s problems. I have been in similar situation with different HC issues several times, and most of them I have to resolve myself, becuse HC Support has denied existence of those issues. And I didn¬t react until now, but I could not resist any more.

I also would like to pay your attention to HC Support attitude - you have to understand that something is not true if you say so, but if the facts says so. I still cant¬t understand how HC Support could say that log, that I have sent at the first time, is not HC log. It is ridiculous.

About this RFC issue, Dhosting.co.uk got the point. And I am sory, but without source code I really can¬t explain better than it is explained on this address http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. Anyway, it seems that some other customers has understood what I am saying about and maybe you should forward this issue to HC developers - I am sure they will understand what the problem is.

I understand that HC developers are spending most of their time on HC7, but I think they should also use some of their time to solve existing problems on current version of HC. Especially problems like Memory leaking which I have reported 14 months ago.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 04:16:18 (permalink)
    You are our customer and we do regard you a lot. We always try our best to help our customers ( If we can ) no matter issue is due to HC or there is some other reason.

As with the reference of this URL (http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html) that we are not sending CRLF.CRLF (which is also known as \r\n.\r\n) but sending LF.LF. This is not the case. We have verified the code and very sure about sending CRLF.CRLF.

You have also mentioned a .SQM file ( C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin\ba7ff032-aacc-4a21-9bda-99b9a0858d50.sqm ) in your post. We will appreciate you if you send us this .SQM file for investigation.

We did check Memory Leaking issue but nothing found wrong due to HC. That is purely a machine specific issue. Anyway I will recheck it and update you soon. Thanx
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 04:23:30 (permalink)
    Nice one people, now thats the way to deal with your problem!

YoWmc
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 04:45:07 (permalink)
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 08:18:19 (permalink)
    Still we have not got any .SQM file from your side for inspection. Moreover the log file entry you mentioned in your first post was modified and does not look like true HC SMTP log entry because you have added some spaces extra "," (commas) and ( replaced ) word therefore its hard to recognize it at first place.

Anyways waiting for this file.
    YoWmc
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 10:01:10 (permalink)
    I have send the files you asked. Ticket ID: 209151-2009
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC Delivery Service problem 2006/09/20 10:33:28 (permalink)
    Ok we have got these files and will get back to you soon.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: