LockedOld bug(s) still present in new website email?

Author
twizted
2006/10/06 15:42:10 (permalink)

Old bug(s) still present in new website email?

Back in 2004 I noticed there were a couple of bugs in the new website email that went out to customers and I figured it would just get fixed one day. I just had someone call to notify me of the problems:

1) FTP Address ftp.MYWEBSITE.com

If a website is configured on a virtual IP and a server is using SERV-U FTP Daemon, it should say ftp.ISPNAME.com - not the website name on the email.

2) NameServer 1 ns1.ISPNAME.com 63.209.119.3
NameServer 2 ns2.ISPNAME.com 192.168.0.71

The secondary name server is still showing the NAT entry instead of the proper, external IP.

3) Forums 5

Does this limit the phpBB and blog program, or just the built in forums that you guys created?

4) FTP Password

Why is the HC password and FTP passwords masked, but the mail password is visible?

3 Replies Related Threads

twizted
    RE: Old bug(s) still present in new website email? 2006/09/10 14:27:32 (permalink)
    Thoughts?
    Ideas?
    Should I pretend everything is ok?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Old bug(s) still present in new website email? 2006/09/10 15:42:10 (permalink)
    1) FTP Address ftp.MYWEBSITE.com

If a website is configured on a virtual IP and a server is using SERV-U FTP Daemon, it should say ftp.ISPNAME.com - not the website name on the email.

With our current implementation it is not possible for us to implement.

2) NameServer 1 ns1.ISPNAME.com 63.111.111.111
    NameServer 2 ns2.ISPNAME.com 192.168.0.71

The secondary name server is still showing the NAT entry instead of the proper, external IP.

I have just tested it with hotfix 3.3 and did not find reported problem. Please make sure you have mapped NS IPs in NAT Manager option of HC Panel correctly.

3) Forums 5

Does this limit the phpBB and blog program, or just the built in forums that you guys created?

Yes this quota is applicable for our inhouse developed forum application. If you have php & mysql quota then you can add Word press blogs and phpBB forums.

4) FTP Password

Why is the HC password and FTP passwords masked, but the mail password is visible?

As we don¬t store user password in HC Database therefore if you create domain for existing user then HC does not display its password in welcome email because user already knows about it.
    twizted
    RE: Old bug(s) still present in new website email? 2006/10/22 09:48:11 (permalink)
    "Please make sure you have mapped NS IPs in NAT Manager option of HC Panel correctly."

In the NAT manager, I had only put the LOCAL IP's on the listing. So adding the secondary DNS from the other server to the list fixed it! Thanks.

"Yes this quota is applicable for our inhouse developed forum application. If you have php & mysql quota then you can add Word press blogs and phpBB forums."

Ergonomically speaking this makes no sense. If a user is allowed to have forums, they should be allowed to have forums. They are going to get confused by this. There should probably be seperate QUOTA for phpBB Forums and the Blogs for the same reason you put a quota for your in-house forums in the first place.

"With our current implementation it is not possible for us to implement."

Very exciting news. It is nice to know I have to deal with this problem over and over again with my users and there is no fix in the works.
    Jump to: