LockedJust reporting some bugs.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Dalwano
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/01/03 00:21:41 (permalink)
I have the same AWSTATS issue as mentioned above. Worked fine in build 4, stopped working after build 5.

I've given up trying to get answers and waiting for it to be fixed. The responses I get from support are abysmal at best and very defensive.

What sort of QA process does HC have ? What sort of testing did you do before releasing this to the public as a live product ?
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/01/03 06:17:58 (permalink)
@Albert38

1- Tri to change recuring cost by the item 'Disk space MB'

It has been replicated with this scenario and forwarded..

2- It seems this is working propper on a system that has only installed HC7. The bug is only detected on a system that is updated from HC6

Yes we tested with same scenario but its not replicated.

3- Emails of Recuring invoices are now send but 'CC all mails to me' is NOT working. On the page 'Customize Your Templates' all checkboxes are checked.

Have you customized template of recurring invoice? If you are reseller then you should get a copy of your webadmin's recurring invoice on your email address. What do you mean by all boxes are checked?

4- Is is a good service that Support checks my (test)panel but it must work proper out of the box. In the past I asked to leave a note what has been changed by support so that I know what is going on at the server, They didn't leave any.. I'm sorry but I am person that wants to control his own devices.. So I need every change documented.

I have been telling you please update your ticket if you have any issue. We are not working on your server. If you want us to check any issue on your machine PLEASE update your ticket. We have not got any response from you after January 11, for ticket#2032166-0901 Thanks

@Dalwano

We have QA dept. which is responsible for testing prior to every release. Please let me know what is your ticket# which was not answered. It might be possible issue is still not fixed thats why support did not reply you.

+1-213-341-1419
Albert38
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/01/03 15:20:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]@Albert38

1- Tri to change recuring cost by the item 'Disk space MB'

It has been replicated with this scenario and forwarded..

2- It seems this is working propper on a system that has only installed HC7. The bug is only detected on a system that is updated from HC6

Yes we tested with same scenario but its not replicated.

If you can't replicate i supose it will never be solved. I will be more clear, the installation is an updated version of HC6 to HC7 from the first public version and updated until the last public version. On the updated system the page look like this.

First image http://sstv.ombouw.com/image1.jpg

On a other system we installed HC7 without updating from HC6 and did the same updates first public version and updated until the last public version. The page is now looking like this.

Second image http://sstv.ombouw.com/image2.jpg

Well same page to diferent screens..
quote:

3- Emails of Recuring invoices are now send but 'CC all mails to me' is NOT working. On the page 'Customize Your Templates' all checkboxes are checked.

Have you customized template of recurring invoice? If you are reseller then you should get a copy of your webadmin's recurring invoice on your email address. What do you mean by all boxes are checked?

Yes I have made customized template of recuring invoice. And yes I am reseller so i SHOUD get a copy of your webadmin's recurring invoice on my email address. BUT I DON'T GET ANY COPY and nowhere in the log files of my mailserver is any attempt HC did try to send a copy, it only sends the recuring invoices to the custommer without HC7 takeing notice of what i configured on this page.

Third image. http://sstv.ombouw.com/image3.jpg

quote:

+1-213-341-1419

Dalwano
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/01/03 19:59:28 (permalink)
@ HC Support

We have QA dept. which is responsible for testing prior to every release. Please let me know what is your ticket# which was not answered. It might be possible issue is still not fixed thats why support did not reply you.

wrt you QA department, I strongly suggest you review their performance. I don't think I've ever dealt with a piece of commercial software that was so buggy, and obvious bugs too, than this. Seriously, it's damaging your brand.

wrt the ticket. As I said, I have given up raising tickets with your support. It's a waste of time. I get denial, denial, denial, denial, silence, silence, "It will be fixed in the next build". That's happened for most of the HC7 bugs I discovered and encountered because I was stupid enough to install it on a prod system. There is no ticket from me on the AWSTATS issue. the others have reported it. It's simple, AWSTATS does NOT update. I'll wait to hear "fixed in next build". and then consider upgrading.
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/01/03 23:53:27 (permalink)
Time for my 2 pence i think.

We don’t get copies of the invoices or the new domain creation emails.

When i was doing my testing over a month ago i noticed the EU was ending up with two copies of the same email it could be our system but i doubt.

But yeah no copies of invoices have been delivered to us.

Regarding your view on HC QA department i have got to agree, a commercial product shouldn't be this buggy. It at least should work out of the box which most users can't seem to get working. HC something needs to be done. Oh i love the will be fixed in next build but in all fairness they cant release a patch every day of the week :)

We have been using HC since 2005 so not that long but we have put up with the mud etc for 2 years, support 75% of the time is excellent some of the time you have to wait for someone who knows what their doing, e.g. sohail, tahir, Abdullah.

Overall hc 6.1 wasn’t that bad but v7 has been one big let down, I don’t believe it should have been released till 1st March 2007 at the earliest if not 1st April 2007. Remember it was released at the end of December 2006, I installed the first build on one of our production servers, ouch to many bug’s as you can see from the forum most were made public, some were fixed within a couple of days some took longer. We did find some interesting bug’s though, 50% of the cp wasn’t actually working at all!

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/03 05:11:09 (permalink)
@Albert38

Both issues are replicated on simple HC7 installation machine. All you have to sell two add-ons to the same customer. These issues will be fixed in HC Build 7.

@Dhosting.co.uk @Dalwano

Thanks for your feedback. We will try our best to improve our processes.

+1-213-341-1419
Albert38
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/03 11:44:17 (permalink)
To be honest.. I stoped reporting bugs by email to support and in the support ticket tools.. My opinion is that making bugs public will trigger HC development more to solve them as when bugs are reported in a closed system. Why well i discovered a lot of small bugs the last few month. I'm this critical becours our test server was hacked with HC6.1 afther reporting this here in the forum I got this advice..
quote:

I had the same problem and reported this on 24 dec. 2006 The response from HC was "Well no one else is reporting the issue you might want to check you security settings. Update to HC7 it is more secure."

Well for sure HC7 is more secure but it is more buggy also. For a commercial product it is to buggy. I think Hostingcontroller can better take HC7 from the market for now and fall back on HC6 with the security problem fixed. On the internet is enough information on how the exploit works so this security hole must be easy to fix. In the mean time I think HC must start with a group of serious users to find all problems in HC7 list them and solve them one by one.

How I would start this is to create one cluster of test servers every server controlled by HC and a user. The users can test and report bugs HC can fix them and update the cluster as mutch as needed. All reported bugs must be visible to all users so that ever user can check if a bug is already reported and if it is also detected on his system. In this way it is easy to reproduce a bug on several systems and every bug is only one time reported. This way of working will for sure solve HC7 bugs more faster and easyer as the way it go's now.

Well And finaly I can report a new problem today who knows tommorow a new one..

As a reseller you have a button in your pannel at the 'My Server :: Options' page called 'System Emails' if you click on this one there must be a list of system e-mail (Sell Plan / Setup Invoice, Domain Creation, Add-On Invoice, Account Setup, recuring invoice, Suspension impending) This is working but what I miss here is a copy of the recuring invoice that where send on the billing day. For Sell Plan / Setup Invoice, Domain Creation, Account Setup this list is working the way it must work.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/05/03 21:58:08 (permalink)
Hi,

1> Awstats doesnt work properly, autoupdate doesnt work! Scenario: HC7 installed on the system with HC6.1 too.

Why in HC7 appear an old version of Awstats!!! ?????

2> http://www.daemon.com:8787/Configurations/LoadBalancerSettings.aspx doesnt work!! also
My Server >>> User Settings >>> last link doesnt work

3> When I deleted a domain or subdamin, HC7 doesnt delete the folder. Example:
- domain.com
-subdomain (when I deleted the subdomain through control panel, this folder don't desapear on the Hard Disk)...

4> When I create any MSSQL or MySQL Dtabases, HC7 shown an extrange prefix domain_com and after it I can put the database name, its terrible. Why databases should have this prefix??

5> When I put a easy password for MySQL database for example: aosi*+ HC7 said "only alphanumeric" and minor that 7, I should can put any password, woth any long and any charset, Why I can not have secure password for MySQL?? Strong password.

It's my first preview...

RN
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/06/03 11:07:05 (permalink)
@Albert38

First image http://sstv.ombouw.com/image1.jpg

On a other system we installed HC7 without updating from HC6 and did the same updates first public version and updated until the last public version. The page is now looking like this.

Second image http://sstv.ombouw.com/image2.jpg

There are different pages because at one page Billing is ON while other has Billing System as OFF. Actually after upgrade your billing is not updated properly please ON your billing system again to get the required page. FYI Sold plan issue will be fixed in Build 7.

As a reseller you have a button in your pannel at the 'My Server :: Options' page called 'System Emails' if you click on this one there must be a list of system e-mail (Sell Plan / Setup Invoice, Domain Creation, Add-On Invoice, Account Setup, recuring invoice, Suspension impending) This is working but what I miss here is a copy of the recuring invoice that where send on the billing day. For Sell Plan / Setup Invoice, Domain Creation, Account Setup this list is working the way it must work.

It will be fixed in Build 7.

@Crnunez

How did you get Build 7 beta installer? We did not send or ask you to test it.

+1-213-341-1419
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/06/03 11:43:04 (permalink)
quote:
[br]

@Crnunez

How did you get Build 7 beta installer? We did not send or ask you to test it.

+1-213-341-1419

Response: I have HC7 build 7.00.0006 BUT You said "beta installer" [?] January 29, I receive this mail:
Hosting Controller Announces Final Release of HC7
Whats New in HC7
Click & Install Apps
Pricing and Availability

Greetings!

We are proud to announce the official final release of our new version HC7. Hosting Controller version 7C is the highest-profile Control Panel software. It has many advanced features, a sophisticated cluster management solution, support for both operating systems (Windows/Linux), built-in load balancing component, dozens of new click & install applications and improved billing system to automate and improve web hosting tasks. We have released this new version for real-world "production" use, after running betas for over two months. It is designated as the final version, and now recommended over all earlier versions.

Get more info ! ETC..........

Today, You said "beta", then the mail that I received on January 29 is false? FINAL RELEASE OF HC7, January 29.

All the issues in my post are for build 7.00.0006, now, are these issues solved in upcoming build 7.00.0007 ???

I am not beta tester, I am a customer, I want to have the final product without bugs, issues, etc.. :)

Thanks a lot.

RN
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/06/03 12:28:00 (permalink)
There seems to be some confusion on this

You said
http://www.daemon.com:8787/Configurations/LoadBalancerSettings.aspx

That page isnt supposed to exist on build 6.

:)

Its something in build 7 new feature i believe.

crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/06/03 13:02:52 (permalink)
Chris,
http://www.hostingcontroller.com/english/ddirect.html Yestarday I download the build Build# 7.00.0006 - Last Updated on 02/13/2007

Its a bug on this build, I suppose...

1> Awstats doesnt work properly, autoupdate doesnt work! Scenario: HC7 installed on the system with HC6.1 too.

Why in HC7 appear an old version of Awstats!!! ?????

2> http://www.domain.com:8787/Configurations/LoadBalancerSettings.aspx doesnt work!! also
My Server >>> User Settings >>> last link doesnt work

3> When I deleted a domain or subdamin, HC7 doesnt delete the folder. Example:
- domain.com
-subdomain (when I deleted the subdomain through control panel, this folder don't desapear on the Hard Disk)...

4> When I create any MSSQL or MySQL Dtabases, HC7 shown an extrange prefix domain_com and after it I can put the database name, its terrible. Why databases should have this prefix??

5> When I put a easy password for MySQL database for example: aosi*+ HC7 said "only alphanumeric" and minor that 7, I should can put any password, woth any long and any charset, Why I can not have secure password for MySQL?? Strong password.

It's my first preview...

RN
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/06/03 15:01:12 (permalink)
I think hc might have got in a slight flap over that file being their :) Oh well!

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/07/03 11:57:43 (permalink)
@crnunez

Please reply for this ticket # 2043553-0603. We want to check AwStats auto update issue on your machine.

+1-213-341-1419
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/08/03 21:20:17 (permalink)
quote:
[br]@crnunez

Please reply for this ticket # 2043553-0603. We want to check AwStats auto update issue on your machine.

+1-213-341-1419

Ticket was updated. I find new issues:

6) Tools :: Scripting Manager :: ASP.NET; When I clic on "Show next records" I have this error:

Error Information

Exception : System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Message : C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller 7C\Web\ScriptingManager\IISManager.aspx

Source Information

Source : System.Web
TargetSite : System.Web.UI.ParserCacheItem GetParserCacheItem()

Stack Trace

Stack Trace : at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String path) at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

7º Tools :: Scripting Manager :: ASP.NET or Tools :: Scripting Manager :: Perl and Tools :: Scripting Manager :: PHP

STATUS WRONG, It appear OFF but its false, also don't appear version number in ASP.NET (empty field). After I upgrade from HC6.1.

8) Tools :: DNS Manager :: DNS Zones
When I attempt to view second page then it doesnt more records!!!

Thanks!

RN
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: