LockedHC7c Mem Leak

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
2007/02/28 04:06:32 (permalink)

HC7c Mem Leak

Has anyone else noticed a mem leak in the latest version of hc.

Over the past 8 days hc has creped up to 700mb.

I restarted all the serviced and 700mb vanished off our task manager, i didn’t restart services individually to see which one it is specifically but will do next time.

Has anyone else seen this?

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.

44 Replies Related Threads

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/01/03 03:43:06 (permalink)
    HC how come i haven't got a response to this post, i can see you have replied to other forum posts but not mine.

I assume one of two things:
    1. Your checking the issue?
    2. You know about it but dont want to tell the users?

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/01/03 05:43:43 (permalink)
    I was observing your thread but no one else has got this problem. Chris, this is machine specific issue please contact hc support with server access. We will check it. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/05/03 04:21:23 (permalink)
    I have tracked this down to the hc sync service.

Server had been up 4days 12hrs and the service was using 500Mb of ram.

Restarted each service to find out which one and when i restarted the sync service mem dropped by 500Mb, big mem leak their i'm afraid. Can you detail exactly what the sync service does within the hc environment

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/05/03 08:16:44 (permalink)
    Well its a normal memory usage If you compare it with task performed by HC Services. Moreover there is no chance of memory leakage because all HC7 Services are .NET based which has an automatic garbage collector. Whenever HC7 Services perform their task at specific intervals then if there is any memory leakage, .NET garbage collector fix it automatically.

HC Sync. Services is a scheduler synchronize different triggers mentioned at this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Services in registry.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/05/03 11:30:05 (permalink)
    Bit funny... These are just the services not working verry well.

TriggerBilling = Working
    TriggerLogRotation = Working

TriggerBandwidth = NOT Working
    TriggerDiskUsage = NOT Working
    TriggerAWStats = NOT Working
    TriggerBandwidthRecalculation = NOT Working

TriggerResourcesUpdate = Unknown
    TriggerAdvanceDelete = Unknown
    TriggerUserGroupSync = Unknown
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/06/03 06:45:19 (permalink)
    Temp fix for awstats the registry trigger works from what i can see its just the automated bit isnt, i.e. its not running when it should

So create two files
    Filename: awstats.reg
    Contents:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Services]
    "TriggerAWStats"=dword:00000001

Filename: awstats.bat
    Contents:
    regedit /I /S d:\scripts\awstats.reg

Now change the path to the reg file in the awstats.bat.

Now you can create a windows task to run every hour and execute the awstats.bat

Remember this is a temp fix until hc sort the problem but if you need up to date stats its an easy way to get them working!

You can check your windows application log for hsync events one should be
    Hosting Controller Sync Service: Performing awstats update.

The second one should be
    Hosting Controller Sync Service: Awstats update finised.

crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/06/03 08:04:55 (permalink)
    Thanks Chris, but HC build 7.0.007 should be a solution for this issue with awstats! It is a big issue.

Also, Please updata Awstats to last version 6.6, How is possible that HC7 has a minor version that HC6.1???

Thanks!!!

RN
    Albert38
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/06/03 09:39:42 (permalink)
    AWStats 6.6 is origionaly not working with HC7 You have to edit a few lines in AWStats.pl to make it work.
    This has to do with the name of the config files that AWstats 6.6 is expecting
    Dalwano
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/06/03 21:32:52 (permalink)
    See, this is what kills me about HC. How can release a "production" release an not test something as simple as whether AWSTATS is working ? Or how can they not try and test where a name based FTP Server can be created ?

Such basic basic features which should be part of the initial battery of tests done on their own software. How can I possibly trust HC now and how can I not automatically assume an error I get is immediately their problem and not mine.

And to top it off, RBX, which I purchased a month before HC7 was released, does NOT work hith HC7. So I spent I don't know how much money for a piece of software that I could only use for a month or so. Do I get a credit ? No. Do I get a promise of an upgrade ? No. Do HC release a compatible product for HC7 ? well, you can guess the answer....
    Albert38
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 00:09:46 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dalwano
    And to top it off, RBX, which I purchased a month before HC7 was released, does NOT work hith HC7. So I spent I don't know how much money for a piece of software that I could only use for a month or so. Do I get a credit ? No. Do I get a promise of an upgrade ? No. Do HC release a compatible product for HC7 ? well, you can guess the answer....

I have read in this forum that in hc7 wil come a function that can be compaird to RBX but when and how guess the anser
    See http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4365&SearchTerms=rebuild
    Dalwano
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 00:46:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Albert38
    [br]I have read in this forum that in hc7 wil come a function that can be compaird to RBX but when and how guess the anser
    See http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4365&SearchTerms=rebuild

yes, I read that too. In the meantime, I haven't seen this 'feature' in HC7 and the money I spent for one month worth of RBX is completely wasted.
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 04:34:54 (permalink)
    Maybe if you ask hc they might let you have click and install or something equiv to the price.

Crediting is a bit hit and miss with most companies.

We purchased rbx in may and would expect to get a free upgrade to hc7 rbx when its out

I have heard several features about the new backup / restore which sound mighty decent but if they are implemented i cannot guarantee.

HC7 build 6 is far better than build 1 i do believe some further beta testing was needed before production release build 5 onwards is workable in a production environment. We are nearlly 100% working just a couple of bugs, disk, bandwidth, awstats which are the last important issues for us.

Albert38
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 08:54:48 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
    HC7 build 6 is far better than build 1 i do believe some further beta testing was needed before production release build 5 onwards is workable in a production environment. We are nearlly 100% working just a couple of bugs, disk, bandwidth, awstats which are the last important issues for us.

Don't forget partly not working recuring invoices and this one is new:
    I'm carefull with calling this is a bug but we noticed that the amount due we see in HC7 billing and we see on the 'Suspension impending' email id different. I our test amount due on 'Suspension impending' is twice the value we see in HC7 billing. I will test a litle more with this issue before calling it a bug maybe others can take a closer look at this also..
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 11:51:05 (permalink)
    @Dalwano @Dhosting.co.uk @Albert38 @crnunez

As far as memory leak is concerned, that is irrelevant, as there's no memory leak in sync service, but it does take memory when different schedules run.

Chris:

Secondly I've not found even a SINGLE server, where awstats is not working. It was always a misconfiguration issue at customer's. We also checked your server and did not find auto update AwStats issue. If you have AwStats update issue please contact support with your server access. We are checking latest version or Awstats with HC7 and will update you.

Please test HC7 after Build 7 release we have fixed lot of bugs in it and it will be available by the end of this week.

+1-213-341-1419
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: