LockedHC7c Mem Leak

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Albert38
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 14:49:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]@Dalwano @Dhosting.co.uk @Albert38 @crnunez
Chris:

Secondly I've not found even a SINGLE server, where awstats is not working. It was always a misconfiguration issue at customer's. We also checked your server and did not find auto update AwStats issue. If you have AwStats update issue please contact support with your server access. We are checking latest version or Awstats with HC7 and will update you.

Please test HC7 after Build 7 release we have fixed lot of bugs in it and it will be available by the end of this week.

Note this..

quote:

We also checked your server and did not find auto update AwStats issue. If you have AwStats update issue please contact support with your server access. We are checking latest version or Awstats with HC7 and will update you.

HC if you checked the server and did not find the issue, Why are you asking to contact support with server access ??? This isn't nessesary you checked it... Or didn't you...? Or can't I understand english anymore??

I think it is time to illustrate some of the problems a bit..

Maybe HC support can explane why AWStats will only auto update when I remove the parts 'service name="bstatsdomains"' from the first part of the file 'ServerSettings.xml' and leave them in the section 'Servers'-'services'?? See image.
http://sstv.ombouw.com/image7.jpg

Maybe HC support can also explane why i see only 10 websites that have statistics and not all 16 ?? See image
http://sstv.ombouw.com/image5.jpg

Maybe HC support can also explane why I can't delete statistics from a website as I am logged in as reseller. And what the current selected Mail Server has to do with deleting statistics???

Maybe HC support can also explane why a custommer can't delete statistics from his website. And what the current selected Mail Server has to do with deleting statistics???
http://sstv.ombouw.com/image4.jpg

And Support has to explane how HC custommers have to explain to there custommers that a lot of functionality in the pannel is not or not completly working and why they have to pay for services they can't rely on.

And what I personaly wants to know is what kind of servers and OS's are used at the HC development.. It seems on the HC systems it is dificult to reproduce problems..

Maybe HC can put a few of there servers online so that we can have acces to them and check if they are working better than ours.

Last but not least on IIS every day a new logfile is created at 00:00 hour. When HC is updating every 30 min the log entries from 23:30 to 00:00 hour will never show up in your statistics when AWStats is stated exactly on the hour. So why not start AWStats on 00:29 and update every 30 minuts so that whe only mis one minute every day instead of 30 minutes.
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/07/03 15:38:46 (permalink)
I find my workaround for awstats to work perfectly :)

I have emailed hc back about the awstats issue and asked if this could have something to do with migration. i.e. info isnt in the hc7 db properly.

As with all cp's they work different on different machines, h_e_l_m is a very good example of this, same for the likes of c_panel etc.

We haven't done bad with hc, also emailed a problem with domain creation email its not using the mail config info which you setup during mail config through hc.

I dont think any of our users have had an issue with deleting awstats sites, will check though

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/08/03 11:13:33 (permalink)
Please cool down and relax!!!

@Albert

HC if you checked the server and did not find the issue, Why are you asking to contact support with server access ??? This isn't nessesary you checked it... Or didn't you...? Or can't I understand english anymore??

Yes we checked 5 different client's machines and did not find any issue with AwStats Schedular. All machines were having issues due to wrong configuration on the server. If anything does not replicate then we can NOT declare it as a BUG. No matter you send issue by mail or post it on forum.

I think it is time to illustrate some of the problems a bit..

Maybe HC support can explane why AWStats will only auto update when I remove the parts 'service name="bstatsdomains"' from the first part of the file 'ServerSettings.xml' and leave them in the section 'Servers'-'services'?? See image.
http://sstv.ombouw.com/image7.jpg

If there is any issue then you should inform us DON'T change anything yourself in ServerSettings.ini. It is NOT recommened in any case. We are here to check it.

Maybe HC support can also explane why i see only 10 websites that have statistics and not all 16 ?? See image

Maybe HC support can also explane why I can't delete statistics from a website as I am logged in as reseller. And what the current selected Mail Server has to do with deleting statistics???

Maybe HC support can also explane why a custommer can't delete statistics from his website. And what the current selected Mail Server has to do with deleting statistics???
http://sstv.ombouw.com/image4.jpg

And Support has to explane how HC custommers have to explain to there custommers that a lot of functionality in the pannel is not or not completly working and why they have to pay for services they can't rely on.

Not replicated need to check it on YOUR panel. PLEASE PLEASE send us your server and hc panel access to check it.

And what I personaly wants to know is what kind of servers and OS's are used at the HC development.. It seems on the HC systems it is dificult to reproduce problems..

Maybe HC can put a few of there servers online so that we can have acces to them and check if they are working better than ours.

We have local test machines with Windows 2003 Standard and Enterprise Edition.

Albert, I admit HC7 has got some stability issues but Listen we are always very keen to fix them ASAP but we need your sincere cooperation to make HC7 a more stable product and we really appreciate your efforts.

Last but not least on IIS every day a new logfile is created at 00:00 hour. When HC is updating every 30 min the log entries from 23:30 to 00:00 hour will never show up in your statistics when AWStats is stated exactly on the hour. So why not start AWStats on 00:29 and update every 30 minuts so that whe only mis one minute every day instead of 30 minutes.

Yes this is your valid point and we will find some work around for it.

@Dhosting.co.uk

Why you do work arounds yourself?? You have purchased our product and we are liable to fix all BUGS and machine specific issues. BUT you should not mess up with any configuration if you are not sure about it. Chris, We have found no problem on your machine regarding auto update. For some sites auto update is not working because IIS is not creating log file for current day. Please check reply for ticket#2043553-0603.

@Crunnez

We also checked your server but again did not find anything wrong with HC. Configurations regarding Awstats were wrong on your server. You have wrong path for PERL on your machine and PERL mapping was enabled at root of IIS thats why auto update was not working. Please check reply for ticket#2043553-0603.

Possible checks for Awstats scheduler not working.

1. Remove all scriptmaps (php,cf,dotnet,perl) from IIS :: Webroot

2. Confirm Perl is correctly configured for server with correct path.
* In HC= c:\perl
* In IIS..> .pl= C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s & .plx= C:\Perl\bin\perlis.dll

3. Confirm Awstats.pl is added in default document list of "stats" virtual dirctory

4. Confirm that IP should be first IP of server, and same IP should be in serversettings.ini and tblServers (get from "Servers" node in HC Registry)

+1-213-341-1419
Albert38
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/08/03 18:28:36 (permalink)
Why cool down I'm not running verry hot for using HC7. I'm verry cool.

Why don't you respond to what you are seeing on the pictures, aren't they clear enough. You still have access to my test server why don't you use it?

AWStats problem is solved by editing 'ServerSettings.xml' on both machines whe use tot test HC Why can't you admit AWStats is not working correct on all systems afther installing HC7. And HC7 is not reporting any problem or solution in eighter install or debug log files.

Maybe some documentation on how to check setting on a system when parts of a program are not working instead of asking access to systems around the world.

It is kind a silly to sell a product to people who are capeble of administrating there own servers without HC7 and tell them after installing of HC7 PLEASE give us access to your server and don't do anything yourself whe are the only one capable to solve problems.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/08/03 20:16:16 (permalink)
Albert, I think that everyone want to have the better control panel but you should relax :), don't worry, HC is working on this issues.

About "Last but not least on IIS every day a new logfile is created at 00:00 hour. When HC is updating every 30 min the log entries from 23:30 to 00:00 hour will never show up in your statistics when AWStats is stated exactly on the hour. So why not start AWStats on 00:29 and update every 30 minuts so that whe only mis one minute every day instead of 30 minutes.

HC Support: Yes this is your valid point and we will find some work around for it."

I suppose that 00:27, 00:57, 01:27, ... is the better time interval when we have a lot of websites with several traffic. Awstats take around 2-3 minutes for proccess all data.

Regards.

RN
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/09/03 03:23:24 (permalink)
@Albert38

Albert, you dont want to understand what I am telling you. TheScreenshot that you have sent contains section that is not supposed to be under global settings. Like[info name='update-time'] is a node that is not a global setting and it must be under each server's own configuration section at (//data/servers/server[@ip='SERVER_IP']/os/roles/role[@name='webserver']/services/service[@name='statsdomains']).
So I'm sure that this is a mis-configuration issue. I'd recommend you to either send us your access or atleast this ServerSettings.xml file that you are having problems with. After having your access we will check your issues.

This thread has already been very lengthy. Please open a new thread for further communication. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
Albert38
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/09/03 07:59:34 (permalink)
This will be my last post about this issue for as long it is not coming back in the next build.

HC YOU do not want to understand !!!!
I'm telling this is a misconfiguration 'DONE BY HC7'. I know the AWStats parts are not supposed to be under global setting but HC has put them there. And what I'm telling now for several weeks is that when you remove these parts that AWStats is working propper.

crnunez
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/09/03 08:25:07 (permalink)
What is the exact parts for remove?? Thanks!

RN
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/09/03 16:57:06 (permalink)
Right back on subject

HC and everyone else whos interested please check http://www.dhosting.co.uk/memleak.jpg

Is it me or do you see a 112mb mem useage for hc sync.

How do you like those apples hc?

crnunez
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/09/03 22:06:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
[br]Right back on subject

HC and everyone else whos interested please check http://www.dhosting.co.uk/memleak.jpg

Is it me or do you see a 112mb mem useage for hc sync.

How do you like those apples hc?

In HC 6.1 I had around at least 400 MB!! in used for HC delivery Service (HC E-mail, awstats, etc..) :S

This problem is very old.

RN
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/10/03 04:45:52 (permalink)
That output is only after 3-4 days i think nothing crazy, if i leave it for 30 days it hits 500mb!

Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/10/03 04:53:51 (permalink)
Ah interesting the mem leak is growing by about 10mb every 24hrs will keep my eye on it.

Its now at 139Mb servers been up 9 days 20hrs etc so close to 10 days :)

Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/12/03 05:24:56 (permalink)
Right rdp'ed into our box today

Take a look at
http://www.dhosting.co.uk/memleak2.jpg
215Mb of ram being used by sync service.

Restarted it server performance boost is mint defo problem with that service.

HC haven't contacted me yet so not sure if they have found the problem or not :(

crnunez
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/03/24 13:49:30 (permalink)
@Chris

I can detect this BIG issue with Hosting Controller performance that affect all server.

Inside my datacenter I have since that I install HC7 this message (4-5 times per day):

***** Monitoring System *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: PING
Host: C22248
Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
State: CRITICAL
Date/Time: Sat Mar 24 14:36:19 CDT 2007
Additional Info: PING CRITICAL - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 8521.37 ms

BUT BUT BUT when I restart the HCSync Service the performance is good again.

Please, Its a HIGH PRIORITY ISSUE, Please cleck it with a microscope. Im sure that HC has a issue that affect server performance.

Thanks a lot.

RN
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7c Mem Leak 2007/03/24 13:58:43 (permalink)
http://www.dhosting.co.uk/hcioissue.jpg

Check that image,

See something you have seen before lol

I stopped hcsync service 3 days ago due to the issues, the I/O is causing issues major issues.

I emailed this to hc tahir has been looking at our box but i forgot to say i had disabled the sync service.

Its causing defo major issues with our kit :)

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: