Lockedno more email notifications

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
moegal
2007/04/18 03:25:41 (permalink)

no more email notifications

Since 4-12-2007 I am no longer receiving email notifications of new sign ups via hc6.1 v3.3. I was recently at v3.2 and upgraded today, they created new account for test. No email. I am using me enterprise 2.37 as well.

Please help!

Thanks,

Marty

20 Replies Related Threads

moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/18 03:38:40 (permalink)
    I am also seeing this in the mail logs:
    Relay Denied: Failed to meet all relay criteria. Attempt to relay to [SMTP:reporting@hostingcontroller.net] was denied for requesting IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(my ip address)

What is this???

It may be my emails are being deleted by the Bayesian filer of me. I'll keep checking.

Thanks,

Marty
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/18 08:23:14 (permalink)
    Hosting Controller Delivery Service is basically an advance SMTP service. This service is used to send the e-mails (account setup mail, invoice mail, trouble ticket mail etc) of Hosting Controller. This service is not dependent on any mail server for mail delivery.
    Please consult with this article.

Your Server is reporting our activation server regarding license activation so dnt need to worry about this error.

+1-213-341-1419
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/18 17:14:59 (permalink)
    The service is running and all of the logs have the same thing in them.

Response Type,Date,Time,Response Description,Server,From,To,Subject,Response,File Path,

That is all! I have another server with HC installed and all of the logs also have the same thing. I did receive emails on the 12th but the logs are the same.

I know we recently made a change to DNS, would this affect the mail delivery?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/935964.mspx

Microsoft has not yet released a patch for this vulnerability. Microsoft suggests disabling remote DNS management over RPC which may be done by running the following commands:

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DNS\Parameters /v RpcProtocol /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f

net stop dns & net start dns

These commands can be copied and pasted into a command prompt window (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) or into the "Run" dialog box (Start -> Run -> cmd). Please make sure you issue both commands, and that you paste the information correctly into the command prompt. Due to formatting of this email, they may appear to be three lines of commands. The "reg add" command's last setting is the /f parameter.

Thanks,

Marty
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/19 10:53:22 (permalink)
    Please perform nslookup to your domain by using command (nslookup -type= MX domain.com) to check your DNS IP for Mail Delivery. You have to set that IP as DNS Server at this path My Server--->Mail Delivery--->DNS Server of hcadmin level.

Moreover, If you set the registry value " HostLogging " as 1 at following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\Nt Web Hosting Controller\Mail then HC will create the log file with both success and error logs.

+1-213-341-1419
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/20 04:40:32 (permalink)
    I'll check out the DNS today. The HostLogging value is already set to 1 thought. Mail has been working all along. This is a recent problem, as of 4-12-2007. We did not change anything on the server except the DNS workaround from Microsoft which disables RPC in DNS.

Thanks,

Marty
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/20 09:06:56 (permalink)
    Well, I made the changes and still no email. I did change a setting in HC to log all and this is what I get:

Response Type,Date,Time,Response Description,Server,From,To,Subject,Response,File Path,
    "Error","04/20/07","11:16:35","Failed to send mail",""," marty@moegal.com"," don@imacreative.com","Copy of Invoice generated for Your Customer","This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.","C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin\28277a14-a42f-4c4f-866c-76431fecb60c.sqm",
    "Success","04/20/07","11:16:37","Successfully sent",""," don@imacreative.com"," marty@moegal.com","Invoice Notification","Message accepted for delivery.","188810ca-9c6a-4eb0-ada6-d81a8c569025.sqm",
    "Success","04/20/07","11:16:38","Successfully sent","imacreative.com.s7b1.psmtp.com"," marty@moegal.com"," don@imacreative.com","Copy of Invoice generated for Your Customer","Message accepted for delivery.","28277a14-a42f-4c4f-866c-76431fecb60c.sqm",
    "Success","04/20/07","11:16:45","Successfully sent","mail.moegal.com"," don@imacreative.com"," marty@moegal.com","Hosting Information For powerplayusa.com","Message accepted for delivery.","1b64b1a2-86c2-4b4b-94d4-f55781870fc1.sqm",
    "Success","04/20/07","11:16:46","Successfully sent","imacreative.com.s7b1.psmtp.com"," don@imacreative.com"," don@imacreative.com","Hosting Information For powerplayusa.com","Message accepted for delivery.","1b64b1a2-86c2-4b4b-94d4-f55781870fc1.sqm",

Please help!

Correction. I did not receive the email but the client did receive his(don@imacreative.com). What is the "imacreative.com.s7b1.psmtp.com"?

Thanks,

Marty
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/23 10:19:14 (permalink)
    Anyone??
    Looks like the server field is empty. Why would this be?
    Server ""

Thanks,

Marty
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/23 13:23:36 (permalink)
    This is the error thrown by your destination email address mail server. Please check your relay settings.

+1-213-341-1419
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/23 14:15:40 (permalink)
    What?? That is a send error not a receiving error. I was told the following:

Hosting Controller Delivery Service is basically an advance SMTP service. This service is used to send the e-mails (account setup mail, invoice mail, trouble ticket mail etc) of Hosting Controller. This service is not dependent on any mail server for mail delivery.
    Please consult with this article.
    That doesn't appear to be the case. My mail server is logging the transactions and denied sending the mail.
    I could use some more help

Thanks,

Marty
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/23 14:35:51 (permalink)
    I think what hc were trying to say is on the destination server check the relay settings.

We use merak now we allow 127.0.0.1 and our block of ip's to use each of our mail servers for relay if they need to.

So you might need to add the ip your hc is running on to the relay allow list.

I can't remember 100% what hc6 settings their are for mail delivery but i know in v7 you can specify the remote mail box your going to send through. I think the same applied to hc6 if so the box your using to send mail through needs to have relay allowed for the hc box.

If you dont get what i mean pm me with some more details or add me to your msn i will see what i can do!

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/23 14:42:48 (permalink)
    Chris,
    Thanks! 1st thing I did. I Also have 127.0.0.1 but no other IP's allowed. The weird thing is this was working fine until 4-12-2007 and then not so well. Some mails are going out but not all.

I will play around with it some more and contact you if I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Marty
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/26 12:51:09 (permalink)
    My relay setting have not changed. Still not sending mail. Any ideas HC?

Thanks,

Marty
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/27 08:23:17 (permalink)
    Its better to directly contact your Mail Server tech. support.

+1-213-341-1419
    moegal
    RE: no more email notifications 2007/04/27 11:21:04 (permalink)
    I changed my email address in hcadmin and it works again. Now the server shows in the logs as you can see.

"Success","04/27/07","14:17:12","Successfully sent","mail.moegal.com"," marty@moegal.com"," admin@moegal.com","Hosting Information For moegal.biz","Message accepted for delivery.","6574f3eb-6f70-4e04-a587-f55ab4e0fd80.sqm",
    "Success","04/27/07","14:17:12","Successfully sent","mail.moegal.com"," marty@moegal.com"," marty@moegal.com","Hosting Information For moegal.biz","Message accepted for delivery.","6574f3eb-6f70-4e04-a587-f55ab4e0fd80.sqm",

Thanks,

Marty
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: