LockedClick install apps not working on build 14

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
cboyd213
2008/06/03 03:31:20 (permalink)

Click install apps not working on build 14

After installing to the new windows build none of my click and install apps that I try work. (Like Web Builder)
During the install it has trouble speaking to MySQL but it does create the mysql database.
The install apps will work if I go thru the install pages my self so I know it's not on my end.

Installing web builder
http://theperfectdatabase.com/sitebuilder/installation/install2.php
Error:
The database details provided are incorrect and/or empty

Anyone else seeing this
HC comment?

19 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/06/03 06:06:14 (permalink)
    Please consult with this article. Hopefully it will fix your issue. You can also come to our live chat anytime.

+1-213-341-1419
    cboyd213
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/06/03 13:21:06 (permalink)
    I did try your live chat but no one answers
    I just now tryed again and no answer

The article you included is 101 stuff
    I checked it all anyway and it all checks out fine
    As I stated before click and install apps install fine just not automaticly thru HC
    During the app install HC is giving the wrong mysql info
    Everything seems fine at Server Manager :: My Servers

Click and Install apps always worked fine for me till now

P.S. I also sent you all an email this morning to support@hostingcontroller.com
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/06/03 14:04:08 (permalink)
    Non of my click apps working on windows and linux box... Please provide us solution ASAP
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/06/03 16:53:46 (permalink)
    HC support has fixed the issue, for some reasons mysql connectivity name was disappeared which was causing this issue.

Thanks
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/07/03 01:58:11 (permalink)
    Issue raise again... Please fix it permanently
    cboyd213
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/07/03 05:14:13 (permalink)
    My issue is still going on currently Patrick
    I sent over the following via email to HC

Ok I am pretty sure I know what the problem is but HC will not let me fix it
    The issue is that HC is using the Connectivity/Server Name for the click and install apps sever field
    HC should be using the IP address like before but it's not.
    Thats why my click and install apps don't work

HC always auto put in my server IP (127.0.0.1)
    Now it's putting (web-ftp.whatevertheredomainnameis.com) - I have no zone files to resolve anything like that
    So as a fix I tryed to change Connectivity/Server name to mail instead of web-ftp
    Then HC would be putting (mail.whatevertheredomainis.com)
    That I would have a zone file for and it would work then but HC will not let me make any changes to the mysql settings
    If I try to remove it and add it back I get the following error:

Line: 462
    Char: 6
    Error: 'undefined' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://domain.com:8787/ServerManager/DatabaseServer.aspx?ServerIP=192.168.4.100&OSType-Windows&CurrRole=4&NextActRoles=&EditMode=1

Note: the error came from the brower not HC

HC needs to change back to the server IP
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/07/03 09:00:12 (permalink)
    We are checking it and will update you soon.

+1-213-341-1419
    cboyd213
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/10/03 15:56:39 (permalink)
    Any update yet/ETR?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/03/31 03:05:42 (permalink)
    Issue has been fixed in latest build. Please apply it on all of your machines.

+1-213-341-1419
    cboyd213
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/02/04 06:37:03 (permalink)
    I installed the new builds on all our servers
    Click and install apps are working fine now with Windows
    but
    the click install apps don't work in Linux, I can't get a single one to install correctly now.

Anyone else seeing this?

Example Error that I'm getting when trying to install the webbuilder:
    Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/boydsnetmain/boydsnet/domainexample.net/special/Mambo/includes/core.classes.php on line 490

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/boydsnetmain/boydsnet/domainexample.net/special/Mambo/includes/core.classes.php on line 490

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/boydsnetmain/boydsnet/domainexample.net/special/Mambo/includes/core.classes.php on line 492

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/boydsnetmain/boydsnet/domainexample.net/special/Mambo/includes/core.classes.php on line 492

Notice: Invalid property (Itemid) requested from mamboCore in /var/www/html/boydsnetmain/boydsnet/domainexample.net/special/Mambo/includes/core.classes.php on line 278

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/boydsnetmain/boydsnet/domainexample.net/special/Mambo/includes/core.classes.php on line 2404
    DB function failed with error number 1146
    Table 'boydsint_dd.mos_session' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT session_id FROM mos_session WHERE session_id=MD5('a8b14cb2ed30ed61712a392ecf076992')
    SQL =
    SELECT session_id FROM mos_session WHERE session_id=MD5('a8b14cb2ed30ed61712a392ecf076992')

This is just a educated guess but on this last build do you now need Mcrypt configured for click and install apps to work?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/05/04 01:02:12 (permalink)
    Please make sure you can remotely connect to your mySQL on Linux machine using root user. It seems you have not properly granted privilleges to root user for remote connection.

+1-213-341-1419
    cboyd213
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/05/04 07:15:36 (permalink)
    I didn't have port 3306 forwarded for the linux server but I did for the windows server that is working
    It is now forwarded for linux
    It was working before without it forwarded on the old build
    Did you all change something?

I tried logging in using MySQL Query Brower and I was unable
    I couldn't login as root but I could login with a database I just created using HC.
    It's possible I just forgot what the root password was.

Any Idea's
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/05/04 09:06:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by cboyd213
    [br]I didn't have port 3306 forwarded for the linux server but I did for the windows server that is working
    It is now forwarded for linux
    It was working before without it forwarded on the old build
    Did you all change something?

I tried logging in using MySQL Query Brower and I was unable
    I couldn't login as root but I could login with a database I just created using HC.
    It's possible I just forgot what the root password was.

Any Idea's

Yes we have changed the implementation in current build. Please allow remote connection for root user and If you have forgotten root user password then contact support dept. they might reset it for you.

+1-213-341-1419
    cboyd213
    RE: Click install apps not working on build 14 2008/06/04 05:28:00 (permalink)
    I am possitive now on what the root password is now
    I am unsure how to allow remote connection for root users

Here is my my.cnf files:
    Am I missing something?

[mysqld]
    bind-address = 127.0.0.1
    port = 3306
    datadir=/var/lib/mysql
    socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    # Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
    # clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
    old_passwords=1

[mysql.server]
    user=mysql
    basedir=/var/lib

[mysqld_safe]
    log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
    pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: