LockedVERY dissapointed at HC7 support

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
mdscorp
Premium Member
2008/04/21 04:57:28 (permalink)

VERY dissapointed at HC7 support

As I WAS considering migrating from HC6.1 to HC7 I have many questions, doubts and after installing the trial version in several of my servers I started having issues, long story short, HC support sends me an email stating that support response is 15 to 24 hours and if I wanted faster support I should purchase priority support.
I would understand this if I was asking for normal support on a working installation, BUT this is an attempt to migrate all my servers to HC7 from HC6.1, I am considering investing the extra money that it will take for the move and I am having certain issues.
I have been a loyal client of HC for the last 4 years and I am trying to stay with the product.
I think that telling me to put up with the 15 to 24 hour wait with my IMPLEMENTATION/MIGRATION issues from HC6.1 to HC7 is a slap on the face.
FOrtunately I have also been testing the other panel H4 which has tons of features, IT WORKS and the issues I had were prompty taken care of by H4 support. so, I am wondering, WHY should i stick with HC ? specially after they send me that email.

15 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/21 11:16:28 (permalink)
    You can discuss your queriese anytime on live chat 24x6. Luis, don't forget this is free technical support and we receive hundreds of requests on daily basis. If you want to have priority support then you should purchase support plans.

+1-213-341-1419
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/21 12:02:16 (permalink)
    discussing with live chat is useless as I am directed to email support.
    I just sent another ticket to you on same erros upgrading I have been having for days now and I am still not able to upgrade...

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/21 12:13:20 (permalink)
    What did you ask on live chat? You asked a simple question and you were replied. If we don't have exact error details then how come we can help you? Anyways support is replying for your ticket. Please provide them exact error details. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/22 05:35:11 (permalink)
    Luis, you did not follow the instructions properly mentioned in upgrade articles given by us. Support dept. are checking your issues and here are their initial findings:

- Firstly Hotfix 3.3 was not installed on your HC6 machines and it is clearly mentioned in this article to install hotfix 3.3 prior to run upgrade utility.

- On both HC6 servers you were using IPless FTP Site named as Default FTP site in IIS but in HC7 it was different and support had to fix it.

- HC7 demo is expired.

You don’t cooperate and always blame us. Issue can only be fixed if you help us in fixing them.

+1-213-341-1419
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/23 13:07:57 (permalink)
    please, don't even try to place the blame on me, I went to your live chat twice with questions about the upgrade utility failing on me, and twice I was told the same thing, "email support"

gothamweb
    Starting Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/25 08:30:25 (permalink)
    Well you're lucky you got a response. We have a case open since February, and since April they ignore any requests we make to get an update on the ticket.

HC support, in case you're curious, its in regards to case 20131588-2602 affecting the 40+ licenses we put in the ticket.

Sal
    quote:
    Originally posted by mdscorp
    [br]please, don't even try to place the blame on me, I went to your live chat twice with questions about the upgrade utility failing on me, and twice I was told the same thing, "email support"

patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/25 12:30:45 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by gothamweb
    [br]Well you're lucky you got a response. We have a case open since February, and since April they ignore any requests we make to get an update on the ticket.

Using HC7 since more than an year and I think I have enough knowledge to handle it. Maybe I could help you in fixing your HC7 issue.
    gothamweb
    Starting Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/25 16:37:53 (permalink)
    Our issue is with HC6 actually, we cant upgrade to v7 because it really wasnt designed with larger isp's in mind. Think of ISP's who have different multiple mail servers to assign to different customers so clusters. This was just one of many issues. I just dont think that v7 was thought out well. Works great if you are a reseller and dont have larger setups.

Sal
    quote:
    Originally posted by patrick
    [br]
    quote:
    Originally posted by gothamweb
    [br]Well you're lucky you got a response. We have a case open since February, and since April they ignore any requests we make to get an update on the ticket.

Using HC7 since more than an year and I think I have enough knowledge to handle it. Maybe I could help you in fixing your HC7 issue.

patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/25 17:16:44 (permalink)
    I am in great favor for supporting 2 mail servers too as in future I am planning to use Exchange 2007 along with smarter mail 5.

I have learned on HC forum that they are gonna integrate it very soon.

I guess HC6 become a old technology how long user can stick with it ?
    gothamweb
    Starting Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/25 18:47:54 (permalink)
    Well if HC would have thought out their clustering right then of course we would have upgraded. But its just not physically possible. Its not only multiple mail servers, it just doesnt work in a large scale environment. How do two dedicated customers in different clusters share a mail or sql server etc.

Lets assume you have 2 customers. One is DEDICATED-1 and one is
    DEDICATED-2

Now you have your shared hosting customers on
    2 other servers, lets call them shared-1 and shared-2

So then we have some shared resources, but not for all. Lets say we have 4 remote servers:

DNS1
    DNS2
    WEBMAIL-1
    WEBMAIL-2

Now server SHARED-1 and SHARED-2 will use DNS1 and DNS2 for DNS. But SHARED-1 will want to use webmail-1 for mail and SHARED-2 will want to use webmail-2 for mail.

And now the dedicated customer DEDICATED-1 will use itself as DNS, itself for mail but DEDICATED-2 will use Dns1 and Dns2 for dns and webmail-2 for mail.

The above is a common setup scenario in mid size hosting companies, HC forgot about that.

Thats why we cant upgrade,

Sal
    quote:
    Originally posted by patrick
    [br]I am in great favor for supporting 2 mail servers too as in future I am planning to use Exchange 2007 along with smarter mail 5.

I have learned on HC forum that they are gonna integrate it very soon.

I guess HC6 become a old technology how long user can stick with it ?

patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/26 06:12:21 (permalink)
    Oh so you mean to say that single mail/db server communicate with different cluster machines... hmm that would be a real clustering model. I think HC should think about it no matter if it take 6 months or an year.

Currently you can setup small/sub cluster machine where role services would work individually.

So far I can see that HC7 work efficiently and most importantly my end user can operate it easily, simply they like the interface.

Sometime I face issues in it for which I get their answer quickly on constant bases. Not sure why your request is still pending... Maybe HC6 becomes very old or ur issue is very complex.

All the best
    boonchuan
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/28 07:27:53 (permalink)
    I think it is more of a misunderstanding, I had nothing but good services from HC since HC 1.0b.

8 to Infinity Pte LtdSingapore Web Hosting
    Established since 1997
    mbatalha
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/03/05 11:21:22 (permalink)
    im always told to email support as well. ive been waiting on a simple fix for 2 days now and i cant get any support on this issue. dont get me wrong i like hc but when its very frustrating that every single time you want to do something it fails and needs to be fixed and it takes several days or weeks to get fixed. My clients get frustrated with our service and end up leaving because they cant use what they need to use whenever they want to use it.

it would be nice to have a support person be able to do the actual support online with you vs having to email support wait a day or 2 and then hear to try this. then you try and it doesnt work, then you reply and wait a day or 2 and they ask you to try this, then you try again it doesnt work, over and over again.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: VERY dissapointed at HC7 support 2008/04/05 02:28:13 (permalink)
    @mbatalha

Support has informed you this issue has been escalated to advanced technical support team and they are checking your issue. Previously support was getting "server not found error" and they also sent you screen shot of this error. As soon as they have any update about your issue they will inform you. FYI we donot provide support on Sunday.

@mdscorp

Luis, your servers were upgraded by support team free of cost.

+1-213-341-1419
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: