Lockedqmail w/ mysql support?

Author
robbie
2008/04/28 13:13:12 (permalink)

qmail w/ mysql support?

hey all,

I see that the product has qmail + vpopmail support but im running into some issues here.

The first thing is... the permissions of the /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts is always wrong. It's file is owned by vpopmail.vchkpw but should be... or perhaps should be vpopmail.qmail with group read permissions so that qmail-smtpd can read the hosts file. at this point.. im faced with either changing the user my qmail-smtpd script runs as... or having you all change your (which i assume the file name) libHCqmail.so file to correct these permissions when HC remakes the file.

then 2nd thing is... Your system kinda does not care about how email is setup on the clients computer. I say that b/c you are not calling the vpopmail program which was compiled and installed on the server to make / delete / modfy the mail domains on the servers. I say that b/c when i call ~vpopmail/bin/vadddomain to make my domain it works as it should... that being making the entry's into the mysql database since i installed vpopmail with mysql support. But when i make a domain using the HC control panel it makes the domain / user as if there was No vpopmail + mysql support.

So have i missed something? or does HC currently not support qmail + vpopmail with mysql support? Is HC in fact calling it's own vpopmail commands to configure the mails domain? and if so... can i replace those commands / files with the correct ones for my system?

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: qmail w/ mysql support? 2008/04/29 04:31:24 (permalink)
    We don't officially support mysql integration with VPopmail+qmail. Secondly we have not found any issue regarding permissions on our local machines. Please contact HC support because we need to debug this issue on your machine.

Abdullah Inayat

+1-213-341-1419
    robbie
    RE: qmail w/ mysql support? 2008/04/29 08:08:08 (permalink)
    Hello,

Question before we go into all of that...

Do you install your own version of qmail when HC is being setup? or do rely on the client to install there own version of qmail?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: qmail w/ mysql support? 2008/04/30 07:22:20 (permalink)
    We don't install qmail, rather we rely on client's setup.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: