LockedHelp with Merak and initial install

Author
lschafroth
2008/12/05 14:31:32 (permalink)

Help with Merak and initial install

I have switched from MailEnable to Merak server so I am very new to Merak.

I am also new to HC7. Has anyone configured HC7 with Merak 9.1.0? Do you have any guides or tips on what to do and what NOT to do?

I will be hosting multiple domains via one public IP address, by using Host Header Mapping and virtual directories in FTP.

I was using PARSV which seems to have died as a company.

Any suggestions would be great appreciated.

Lannie

PS Should I have the customers use Webmail Basic on Merak or Webmail Pro? Is Pro needed?

12 Replies Related Threads

lschafroth
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/12/05 14:37:50 (permalink)
    My current panel allows me to do:
    Create new domain which in turn creates:
    email account, dns records, domain in IIS, virtual directory in ftp, awstats for the domain.

Each domain user can login and add/remove email accounts, alias accounts, databases, DSN, view stats and do file permissions.

Will this all work in HC7?

Lannie
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/13 05:44:24 (permalink)
    HC7 does all these tasks and have lots of other features. First please follow this article and then Login as hostadmin and click on Server Manager--->Edit Server and configure mail server. It will be good if you log onto our website and ask your queriese one by one. FYI We provide live chat support 24hrs 6 days a week.

+1-213-341-1419
    lschafroth
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/14 06:24:55 (permalink)
    Yes, I saw that article. I was want specific examples from real world application. People who have already done it.

For example, their webmail does not integrate into IIS automatically. How will that work from HC7?

thanks,

Lannie
    Cruze
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/14 10:00:08 (permalink)
    Hi,
    but as i know, HC can not handle Email ALIASES, or did this changed in a newer build?

Thanks

Felix

lschafroth
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/14 14:14:54 (permalink)
    When I create a domain in HC7, I want it to do the following:
    Create domain in IIS.
    Create email domain with default user for ftp. This creates a virtual ftp directory pointing to the domain web.
    Create webmail virtual directory. (this needed in Merak??)
    Add frontpage ext, php, asp, perl support at the user's request.
    Configure and create url for awstats or webalyzer.
    The user then login to the HC7 panel and adds their email accounts. Alias' settings and etc.

How much of this is done by HC7 or Merak via templates? I'm new to both.

Lannie

PS Been playing around with Merak. Having a lot of issues with webmail and no spam control being available to the user.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/15 06:00:10 (permalink)
    When I create a domain in HC7, I want it to do the following:
    Create domain in IIS.

Yes HC does that.

Create email domain with default user for ftp. This creates a virtual ftp directory pointing to the domain web.

HC creates ftp user (in case of name based domains) and ftp site (in case of ip based domains) in IIS.

Create webmail virtual directory. (this needed in Merak??)

HC does not create virtual directory to access merak interface. After creating mail domain through HC you can access its webmail with port e.g access URL will be like http://domain.com:32000

Add frontpage ext, php, asp, perl support at the user's request.
    Configure and create url for awstats or webalyzer.

Yes HC does all these functions.

The user then login to the HC7 panel and adds their email accounts. Alias' settings and etc.

We will support 'Email Aliases' in upcoming build 16 which is expected by the end of this month.

How much of this is done by HC7 or Merak via templates? I'm new to both.

We will support Merak new templates in build 17. FYI HC creates mail administration for every mail domain and you can also perform all mail related tasks using Merak administration interface.

All of above functions can be done If user has quota in purchased plan for every resource. I will again suggest you to please logon to live chat to discuss all of your queriese. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    lschafroth
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/15 08:03:42 (permalink)
    hank you for the info!!

Building the new server now, so I can start playing with Merak and HC7 in real time with real domain names and etc. :)

Thanks,

Lannie
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/16 06:59:11 (permalink)
    You are always welcome. :)

+1-213-341-1419
    lschafroth
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/23 16:05:16 (permalink)
    Everything works as expected and better in most cases.

The only one that does not work properly is PayPal.

It wont let the users enter their credit info on the PayPal site. I will NOT let them enter into my site.

Lannie
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Help with Merak and initial install 2008/05/24 12:30:30 (permalink)
    I have already replied you regarding paypal in other thread. Please wait for build 16 in which we have improved paypal implementation. FYI Build 16 is expected in 3 days. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Joycesa
    Re:Help with Merak and initial 2009/10/23 23:52:19 (permalink)
    The only think which we really miss is Whois option in the Auto signup. In current scenario at the time of domain creation of signup HC built-in whois application works and if domain available then it register , otherwise it skip this part.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Help with Merak and initial 2009/10/27 11:59:24 (permalink)
    Joycesa

The only think which we really miss is Whois option in the Auto signup. In current scenario at the time of domain creation of signup HC built-in whois application works and if domain available then it register , otherwise it skip this part.

This request was already brought in our knowledge by other customers and its already accepted by our concern department. Very soon whois option will be available in the auto signup.
    Jump to: