LockedError 401 when accessing website

Author
panzer
2008/05/21 01:29:42 (permalink)

Error 401 when accessing website

Hello,
After setting up website, emails, ftp accounts and everything when i try to access a website i get 401 error and i am required to give a password . the whole web directory has IUSR permissions. I am using Win2003 Server. How can i work around this problem? Will i have to do the possible solution everytime a website is created?

4 Replies Related Threads

cboyd213
    RE: Error 401 when accessing website 2008/05/21 07:46:09 (permalink)
    Go to the main directory your websites are setup for IIS (ex. 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot')
    Make sure IIS has access to the folder
    Right click wwwroot to properties
    under security make sure "IIS_WPG" is listed
    If not add it (check Read,List folder,read and execute) and then push the permissions to the child accounts under advanced
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Error 401 when accessing website 2008/05/21 07:54:52 (permalink)
    HC by default creates domain.com_web anonymous user for each website and this anonymous user does have R/W access on WWW root folder to access this website without user name and password. It seems your are manually creating websites in IIS.

+1-213-341-1419
    panzer
    RE: Error 401 when accessing website 2008/05/22 01:18:25 (permalink)
    No, i am not creating manually websites. What's the use to have bought HC then?
    I have already posted to support@hostingcontroller and they came up with a nice solution. I will try the IIS_WPG user too and see.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Error 401 when accessing website 2008/05/22 01:52:49 (permalink)
    I said you are manualy creating sites because HC never set 'IUSR' for any website. Anyways its good to know that finally you have got the solution.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: