Lockedthis does not makes much sense

Author
mdscorp
Premium Member
2009/06/04 18:31:10 (permalink)

this does not makes much sense

How does HC embarques into the design of a HC8 version when their previous HC7 version is full of bugs still ?
How does HC thinks that their customer base will trust them with HC8 when several and numerous request for bug resolutions are still pending after several months of empty HC promises ?

10 Replies Related Threads

stsa55
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/06/04 19:53:29 (permalink)
    Well my major concern with HC8 is to get new auto signup, which is a far better than previous version. But its also true that I face trouble with HC Remoting service where It lose communication with my 4 subsequent machines ( have to schedule to restart services at mid night ).

But still I trust HC ...Issues/bugs are the part of any product. which fix in the shape of service pack and version.

@HC I am very hopeful that you might consider panel stability on top priority than integrating new applications.

twizted
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/11/04 01:04:13 (permalink)
    I still run HC 6.1. I keep postponing upgrading to HC 7 due to a number of reasons beyond my control...
    saksher
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/11/04 01:22:15 (permalink)
    Well you better upgrade to HC7 now as they are now releasing the newer version in few weeks time I believe.

Blessed.
    twizted
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/11/04 08:37:52 (permalink)
    Maybe I should just wait and go straight to HC8!

The problem I have is that I'm a small host that doesn't really make any money. I have a cabinet in Level 3 with 10mbps of bandwidth, I have 5 servers that people colocate with me, and I have one main server that I host 50 websites or so on with Hosting Controller. At the end of the day, I barely break even!

When I chose hosting controller it was because of a few things.

#1) Had the best price vs features
    #2) Had lifetime technical support
    #3) Allowed me to have backup DNS, SQL, etc on secondary servers without paying for additional licenses.

I'm not sure where all this has gone?
    kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/04/13 22:16:04 (permalink)
    I still run 6.1 too. I was billed for services not rendered. No refunds were offered. Lifetime of support is replaced with " Please upgrade to the next version"

KieranMullen
    saksher
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/04/14 03:06:05 (permalink)
    I am not sure why you want to stick with 4 year old version? we have evaluated hc6 maybe couple year back just for testing and quickly found the difference between hc6 and hc7. Now we are working on hc8 beta and I personally found it way better than hc7.

Blessed.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/04/14 12:44:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kieranmullen
    [br]I still run 6.1 too. I was billed for services not rendered. No refunds were offered. Lifetime of support is replaced with " Please upgrade to the next version"

KieranMullen

Since I joined HC forum, I found @@KieranMullen used to raise same question again over again ...Seems to me a auto respond service or he might using copy/paste from a save text file..lolx

By the way , if we purchase a product and after few days it price reduce then shall we ask for refund the price difference...[:p]

In my point of view refund could be only claimed if product was free and then you been charged.
    Xavier
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/04/22 01:21:38 (permalink)
    I am also evaluating HC8 and found it better than HC7 as it provides NEW Autosignup Advanced Module.Also, multiple Mail Server support in one cluster makes me to consider upgrading to HC8.....Exploring few other features. Nice product as far as my experience with HC8 BETA till now.

Hope HC would carry on with the good work .
    mluer
    Starting Member
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/04/23 11:25:39 (permalink)
    yes release it :) I am ready to get bizzy :D
    kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: this does not makes much sense 2009/05/21 11:25:42 (permalink)
    Yes I raise the same issues over and over since they are not addressed.

If they go back on claims of lifetime support on version 6 what makes you think that they will hold to any claims of any other version?
    Jump to: