LockedAWStats/ Perl issues

Author
andrewge
2009/05/29 01:02:12 (permalink)

AWStats/ Perl issues

Hi all,

I'm running a brand new windows 2003 server with HC 7 & IIS 6.

Pretty much everything is setup, configured and running (i.e, MSSQL, ASP.Net, PHP, MySQL.etc) with a couple of sites now hosted...

however im having problems with the stats.

I've installed activeperl (latest version), and let the installer setup the ISAPI modules, MIME and so on, and let it install the examples into the default account.

However, when I try and browse/ execute those files via the web - it 404's.

I initially guessed it was permissions, so enabled NETWORK SERVICE, IIS_WPG and the internet guest account limited access to the C:/perl directory (with inherited permissions for any files inside) - still 404'd.

Uninstalled/ reinstalled Active Perl - still 404's, so I double checked the ASAPI and MIME's set by Activeperl and cant see anything that looks particularly incorrect (basing that on a few help sites i've had a look at).

So i'm now officially stuck.

I did read on this forum though that Perl can be dissabled for users - and was wondering where I can check this in HC7 just to make sure it wasnt something as trivial as that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!
post edited by andrewge - 2009/05/29 01:33:10

1 Reply Related Threads

andrewge
    Re:AWStats/ Perl issues 2009/05/29 01:32:48 (permalink)
    - Update -

Sorry - i'm an idiot, I knew it would be something really really stupid and it was!

- Activeperl installs the ISAPI extensions, which are prohibited by default - set them to allow and it ran fine.
    Jump to: