Helpful ReplyLocked[FAQ]Gene6 FTP Server

Author
TigerLady
Starting Member
2009/06/30 08:02:57 (permalink)

Gene6 FTP Server

Hello,  I am having trouble getting ftp sites and users to be set up in Gene 6 FTP server.  Does anyone have a step by step procedure for setting up domains and users in the Gene 6 ftp server?  Please I am desperate to get this finished.  Thank you.
HC Staff
HC Staff
Re:Gene6 FTP Server 2009/06/30 09:55:53 (permalink)
Please review the attach file instructions this shall fix this issue.
post edited by HC Tech - 2009/07/01 06:16:49
TigerLady
Starting Member
Re:Gene6 FTP Server 2009/06/30 12:18:31 (permalink)
hello i tried to follow the instructions in the document but something is missing.

I have tried to follow these instructions and I was unable to find the registry key in question.  Here is the location I checked:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gene6 FTP Server_is1

It did not specify in the instructions the exact location in the registry so could you confirm I am looking in the right place?

HC Staff
HC Staff
Re:Gene6 FTP Server 2009/07/01 06:18:09 (permalink)
TigerLady

hello i tried to follow the instructions in the document but something is missing.

I have tried to follow these instructions and I was unable to find the registry key in question.  Here is the location I checked:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gene6 FTP Server_is1

It did not specify in the instructions the exact location in the registry so could you confirm I am looking in the right place?

We have corrected the instructions in above attached file, please re-download it.
TigerLady
Starting Member
Re:Gene6 FTP Server 2009/07/01 18:33:18 (permalink)
Hello,  I have tried the solutions in the new download and rebooted the server and hc8 is still not able to set up ftp in Gene6.  do you have anthing else i can possibly check.

Error : 73000340 : FTP user does not exist.
when i try to see ftp this is what i get inside hosting controller.  I have to manually set up the user at this point.

I am on Windows 2008 64bit.

thank you.
HC Staff
HC Staff
☄ Helpful
Re:Gene6 FTP Server 2009/07/02 04:28:34 (permalink)
Using above instruction you should able now to view default ftp site from Gene6 in HC panel. Check for setting in ' Hostadmin level :: Server Manager :: Edit Server :: Web Server.

If it is start listing then consider instructions been followed correctly.

Try to create new webadmin and verify if it is creating ftp user or not.

If problem persists then contact our support department.
frankiben123
Re:Gene6 FTP Server 2009/07/06 23:01:43 (permalink)
thanks...nice post

Jump to: