Lockedbug in HC8

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2009/09/02 09:10:21 (permalink)

bug in HC8

I have found a bug in HC 8 with regards to MS SQL database creation. I have a strong password policy set in HC and it allows password of only 12 or more characters. Now, if a web admin tries to create a database with less than 12 characters password, it gives error. It is fine to give error, but it should give the exact details of the error or rather throw and exception saying the password should be at least 12 characters long. The customers never know the limit and they attempt to create the database again. Now for the bug part, though it throws an error, the database gets created in the SQL server and no database entry is created in the HC database and also the sql user does not get created. We have to manually delete the database from the server and then ask the customer to create the database by giving a strong password of at least 12 characters. I hope HC fixes the bug ASAP.  I have build 3 installed.

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:bug in HC8 2009/09/02 12:36:56 (permalink)
    Thanks for bringing this scenario in our knowledge, we have forwarded it toward test department to confirm it.
    Will acknowledge you soon.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:bug in HC8 2009/09/04 16:22:57 (permalink)
    This bug has been replicated locally, and forwarded toward concern department.
    Thanks for showing this bug.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:bug in HC8 2009/09/27 23:38:27 (permalink)
    Any idea when is the new build scheduled to release?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:bug in HC8 2009/09/29 12:14:50 (permalink)
    Currently we are testing the first beta in local environment, then we will send the Beta installer to our beta tester users. Release date depends on these users report. Approx. It will take 2 weeks.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:bug in HC8 2009/10/15 22:35:56 (permalink)
    nitaish

Any idea when is the new build scheduled to release?

Hosting Controller releases Build4 which include fix for this issue. Check detail http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/tm.aspx?m=21621
    Jump to: