LockedSuggestion for HC

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2009/09/05 04:34:29 (permalink)

Suggestion for HC

I have a suggestion for HC regarding mail server. There are lots of small hosting companies who cannot afford expensive mail server software and they end up using cracked software on their servers. This creates further problems on the servers regarding security. MailEnable Standard edition is free and can be used by such companies. It gives all the features except the webmail and hence is not preferred by hosting companies as the customers need webmail. Pl*sk has been providing Horde in its control panel which can be used along with Mail Enable standard edition. This makes it easy for small hosting companies and they prefer Pl*sk instead of HC. HC can work in this direction and thus attract more and more small hosting companies to switch to HC. Introduction of Horde with HC will be the best thing to happen.

13 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/07 10:36:14 (permalink)
    Mail Enable Standard New version for which they provide web interface too it is fully supported with Hosting Controller. Those customers who can't afford mail server they can ofcourse use ME Standard with HC.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/08 03:03:30 (permalink)
    The issue is that the webmail of MailEnable Standard Edition does not support email filters which is a basic requirement of many customers. Horde provides the filters.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/08 08:21:17 (permalink)
    We would require some info i.e Are you currently using horde on any server if yes then can you pm us a test account login to check how does it work.

Secondly, does it come builtin with webaccess link or a user have to configure it manually after mail server installation ?

Last but most important how often their team  release patches for horde mail server, is it active  ?
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/08 23:00:13 (permalink)
    I have seen a working horde in a Pl*sk server. Currently, I don't have access to any account on windows using Horde. However,
    I can send you a documentation explaining how to install and configure Horde with IIS. How can I send it?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/09 15:17:26 (permalink)
    Well we can download instructions directly from their site no worries in that part. But since you have experience with it so that's why I asked if web link by default comes with installation or separate workaround require for it.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/09 23:53:05 (permalink)
    As I told you earlier, at present  I don't have any working account in Pl*k with Horde which I can provide it to you. I have managed a Windows Plesk server earlier and have seen this feature.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/09/10 11:16:25 (permalink)
    We will do the needful survey at right time after our concern department approve for this integration.
    Suggestion has been noted.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/10/12 06:00:57 (permalink)
    Hi all,
             Horde requires PHP on server, If good idea for 'amateurs' because Windows works better with ASP.NET (Framework). But at this moment HC has some issue to fix and it is the most important. Example: MailEnable integration with Windows 2008 Server 64 bits! (Yes, ME works on 64 bits I talk with ME Owner and He said that others Control Panels with genuine 64 bits works with ME, then HC shouldn’t have a major issue with this implementation).

Also HC on Windows 2008 32 bits and ME, has some issues about integration SYNC, IME_USER, etc...

The solution for these issues is the more important at this moment, after this of course HC developers can think in add features...

post edited by crnunez - 2009/10/12 06:02:57
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/10/12 12:23:54 (permalink)
    crnunez

Hi all,
             Horde requires PHP on server, If good idea for 'amateurs' because Windows works better with ASP.NET (Framework). But at this moment HC has some issue to fix and it is the most important. Example: MailEnable integration with Windows 2008 Server 64 bits! (Yes, ME works on 64 bits I talk with ME Owner and He said that others Control Panels with genuine 64 bits works with ME, then HC shouldn’t have a major issue with this implementation).

Also HC on Windows 2008 32 bits and ME, has some issues about integration SYNC, IME_USER, etc...

The solution for these issues is the more important at this moment, after this of course HC developers can think in add features...

Back in HC7 build18 We had to change the implementation of HC admin virtual directory creation on Windows 2008 Server because Microsoft does not allow to synchronize password between IIS7 and OS.
    Same case is happening for Mail Enable virtual directories where IME User password are not syncing with new virtual directories. In next coming service packs (build) we will provide a solution to handle this case, most probably to use MeWebMail.domain.com & MeAdmin.domain.com for 2008 OS.

Regarding Mail enable on 64 bit OS, Yes we know that it install and execute on 64 bit OS. But using 64 bit application API (HC) their service doesn't work as typically their application (ME) is 32 bit platform software. If Mail Enable  provide 64 bit components for their mail server then it will work perfectly with HC panel too.

crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/10/12 12:37:38 (permalink)
    Suggest: In this case, "Webmail".domain.com in better than "MeWebmail".domain.com. For meadmin it is not important. Thanks.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/10/12 12:47:56 (permalink)
    MeWebMail come by default with mail enable installation, if you setup Mail enable to use WebMail name then HC wouldn't have any issue in setting this.
    dgamon22
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/10/20 23:57:32 (permalink)
    you said MailEnable Standard edition is free...
    how can i assure that this cannot be a problem when it comes to security from the outside?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Suggestion for HC 2009/10/21 12:00:10 (permalink)
    You can discuss this question about securing mail Enable directly with their team http://mailenable.com/
    Jump to: