LockedErrors

Author
hawk
2009/11/22 04:26:35 (permalink)

Errors

Where to begin.
1. Ive read posts describing the solutions to DNS rsolving sub-domains (hc7, siple dns) and am having the same problem with the cache cleared and sipledns being restarted etc but this as yet to be proven a solution.

I can create subdomains,
Subdomain is written to IIS,
DNS records shows in zone files folder.

At present i have to manually set this up. ie, load file then go through the  steps in 2 below. any further info on this would be good.

2.Secondly i have to anually perform the following steps to get any domain working.

1. Add .php extension to website. with path in "C:\pathtophpisapi.dll" Get,Head,Post.  ( i have to remove the fast cgi dll first. I installed this a while ago but it proves to be desastrous when i uninstall it.????

2. Set asp version from 1 to 2.

Although i can eventually load a sitebuilder/joomla etc and get it working this takes to much time and removes any claims by HC of "automated hosting solution".
ASAPI tab in IIS properties never includes the v2 isapi dll. (but like i said sites still work???

So what i need to know really is where are the values mentioned above inherited from. If its the default website then that akes no differrence as i have tried changing the to no avail.

Along with the DNS error these are my primary issues at present until i move on to another section of HC panel?

Thanks.

Please note that i have done a backup image every step i made usually 2-3 images daily for the past few days. Im upto about 10 now and have reverted back as soon as an error occured. Ive done at least 12 complete reinstalls over the past few days to correct problems i came accross as i went along.

1 Reply Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Errors 2009/11/24 22:43:37 (permalink)

Where to begin.
    1. Ive read posts describing the solutions to DNS rsolving sub-domains (hc7, siple dns) and am having the same problem with the cache cleared and sipledns being restarted etc but this as yet to be proven a solution.

I can create subdomains,
    Subdomain is written to IIS,
    DNS records shows in zone files folder.

At present i have to manually set this up. ie, load file then go through the  steps in 2 below. any further info on this would be good.

2.Secondly i have to anually perform the following steps to get any domain working.

With sub domain creation HC create a zone file including Host A address , if that entry exist and primary domain working fine then you shouldn't face any problem.

If you are using Simple Dns 5 version then follow these instructions

To configure simple dns with HC follow these steps

Create a a registry Value ‘ Dns ‘ under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController

Then create a string value "DNSRootPath” at “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Dns”
    and give it the value of Simple Dns Installation path. This needs to be done on all the Simple Dns machines added in HC cluster. Note that “Dns” head does not exist by default on the machine, you will have to create it.

1. Add .php extension to website. with path in "C:\pathtophpisapi.dll" Get,Head,Post.  ( i have to remove the fast cgi dll first. I installed this a while ago but it proves to be desastrous when i uninstall it.????

This issue doesn't come directly under HC support scope but hopefully this link with help you http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/tm.aspx?m=21292

2. Set asp version from 1 to 2.

Although i can eventually load a sitebuilder/joomla etc and get it working this takes to much time and removes any claims by HC of "automated hosting solution".
    ASAPI tab in IIS properties never includes the v2 isapi dll. (but like i said sites still work???

So what i need to know really is where are the values mentioned above inherited from. If its the default website then that akes no differrence as i have tried changing the to no avail.

If a scripting is mapping by default on root of IIS then it will map / inherit on child domains.
    secondly if .net 2.0 is not mapped by default on IIS then these commands will help you

Open command prompt select below path

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Enter this command

aspnet_regiis.exe -kn W3SVC

Now chose path

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

enter this command
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i Open command prompt select below path

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Enter this command

aspnet_regiis.exe -kn W3SVC

Now chose path