LockedBuild 6 timeframe

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
renhack
2010/01/08 08:15:16 (permalink)

Build 6 timeframe

Any guess on when build 6 will be out?   Were planning on a new installation this month and would rather wait til the build 5 issues are sorted.

Do you have a list of bugfixes yet.  Windows and Linux.

21 Replies Related Threads

renhack
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/01/18 10:19:19 (permalink)
    Any news on this? 
    agermose
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/01/19 16:02:11 (permalink)
    i heard two weeks today from a supporter - but I dont know... we are still seeing most of the errors we reported in build 4 after upgrading to build 5.

Also missing is still the ability for your clients to run CMS that rely on .htaccess files to be SEO friendly - makes HC not production ready or only for non-prof. use in my opinion.

the more we are playing around the more we are running the head into a wall of limitations and deadends, problems and bugs.
    renhack
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/01/19 22:26:29 (permalink)
    The linux implementation is really the deal breaker for us so far.  Until users are locked into a directory properly and htaccess is available we can't begin to migrate from plesk.  We wont migrate windows until we can migrate linux.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/01/21 23:39:29 (permalink)
    I was told it will be released in the first week of Feb. Going by the history of HC, it seems it will release in the third week of Feb and we will upgrade to the new build no earlier than the first week of March when it will be confirmed if we should or shouldn't.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/11 02:27:20 (permalink)
    It is almost the end of Feb second week. Does HC ever keep its promise?
    agermose
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/11 04:02:00 (permalink)
    weeeelll :) to be fair, I dont think they promised anything, just said they expected the relase in two weeks (at least if you are refering to my comment saying a supporter said 2 weeks).

to days ago I got "6 days" :)

I for one would rather they take one more week to fix a few more and dobbelt test than having to wait for build 7 ;) look what happend to build 5.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/12 00:35:32 (permalink)
    agermose

weeeelll :) to be fair, I dont think they promised anything, just said they expected the relase in two weeks (at least if you are refering to my comment saying a supporter said 2 weeks).

to days ago I got "6 days" :)

I for one would rather they take one more week to fix a few more and dobbelt test than having to wait for build 7 ;) look what happend to build 5.

I was told it will be released in the first week of Feb by one of their executives in Sales chat. I agree that there were bugs in the build 5 and hence the new build should come out only after thorough testing. But isn't it the fact that the build 6 is being scheduled to release only because of the bugs of build 5. Isn't it fair for us to ask for the build 6 as build 5 has already created lots of problems to our business because of the bugs? If HC commits something then they should stick to it, or none of their executives should give a false time frame.
    agermose
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/12 00:42:46 (permalink)
    I stand corrected. I just wanted to make sure the "promise" was not based on my posting originally - since 'that would not count as a promise :)

nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/12 06:00:17 (permalink)
    That is why I mentioned first that I was told by one of their executives.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/13 01:59:18 (permalink)
    I spoke to a guy in live chat and he says build 6 will be out in a week or two after getting clearance from the Q and A department. I wonder where was the Q and A at the time of build 5.
    watson
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/18 10:48:26 (permalink)
    I have requested them for stable beta, which they releasing this weekend.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/27 02:53:27 (permalink)
    HC should refrain from making false commitments. I have already lost a lot of man hours and customers because of the nasty bugs in the build 5. Now, I think I will have to ask them for compensation for all the customers I have lost.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/02/27 05:30:42 (permalink)
    nitaish

HC should refrain from making false commitments. I have already lost a lot of man hours and customers because of the nasty bugs in the build 5. Now, I think I will have to ask them for compensation for all the customers I have lost.

Nitaish you can get stable build6 beta link by writing down an email to support.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Build 6 timeframe 2010/03/01 09:12:48 (permalink)
    I don't wanna take a risk by installing the beta on the production servers. I need to know the date of release of final version so that I can plan accordingly.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: