LockedSetup HC with WHMCS

Author
rocconeri
2010/04/07 11:16:32 (permalink)

Setup HC with WHMCS

Hello,
seems that there is no way to setup HC with WHMCS if this billing system is already installed and working, indeed filling the fields in the HC install WHMCS screen, I can't go on because the WHMCS virtual directory and the database already exist therefore an error is shown when click the install WHMCS button.

Is there a way to setup WHMCS without operate a remove of the the working installation loosing all the database data?

Regards
Rocco

7 Replies Related Threads

watson
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/04/07 11:19:25 (permalink)
    I will prefer to install it manually rather than HC,  which is very simple
    rocconeri
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/04/07 12:10:52 (permalink)
    watson

I will prefer to install it manually rather than HC,  which is very simple

Could you please let me know how to  install it manually step by step?

TIA
    Regards
    Rocco
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/04/09 08:17:15 (permalink)
    I would suggest you to wait before implementing WHMCS for HC because of some existing bugs and lack of features. Two recent ones I faced

1. WHMCS does not create the mail domain. You have to create it via HC separately. HC says WHMCS itself has not developed the module to create the mail domain.
    2. HC does not set the password to the user which has been assigned by WHMCS. The email that I get from HC for the domain setup shows the password as { }. I cannot login to the FTP and some guy sends me a link to the KB describing how to set the permissions on the directory for the user. Weird!!! Isn't it?

I am still waiting for them to revert with something positive.

rocconeri
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/04/10 01:49:16 (permalink)
    nitaish

I would suggest you to wait before implementing WHMCS for HC because of some existing bugs and lack of features. Two recent ones I faced

1. WHMCS does not create the mail domain. You have to create it via HC separately. HC says WHMCS itself has not developed the module to create the mail domain.
    2. HC does not set the password to the user which has been assigned by WHMCS. The email that I get from HC for the domain setup shows the password as { }. I cannot login to the FTP and some guy sends me a link to the KB describing how to set the permissions on the directory for the user. Weird!!! Isn't it?

I am still waiting for them to revert with something positive.

Hi nitaish,
    I think is better to start using the integration an supply the lack of features manually this is my think because if there are lot of user working with WHMCS integration alltogether can press HC team to resolve bug and add features and from a marketing perspective I think is in ther interest to integrate well the panel with WHMC that is most used system billing in the hosting market.
    Have you used WHMCS integration with other panel?

Regards
    Rocco
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/04/12 04:47:16 (permalink)
    I have used WHMCS with Cpanel/WHM and it works like a charm. I have also used the resellerclub registrar module for domain registration. The reason I am disappointed is that I am not receiving proper response from the HC team about the bugs resolution.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/04/12 04:48:04 (permalink)
    I also believe that there should be a proper beta testing for any new implementation. We cannot test it on a production server.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Setup HC with WHMCS 2010/06/18 12:46:45 (permalink)
    Whmcs module has been improved and fix the following bugs which will be available in build8

• FTP user login
    • Mail domain creation
    • Default.htm file copy in domain.com/www folder
    • Module performance is much faster now
    Whmcs kb has been modified and new HC.php file has been uploaded. Link

If any of you listed in beta tester then you would have received email with beta links, so you can test and give us feedback.
    Jump to: