LockedHC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
nextmill
2010/11/07 18:02:25 (permalink)

HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced

After upgrading from 8.00.09, we no longer receive the 'Domain Creation' emails, nor do the clients.  System Emails section shows that no Domain Creation email was ever generated yet under Email Templates its checked as it was before the upgrade (8.00.08 worked fine)

Other major problems we are having is now the SmarterMail Domain Admin isn't being created and the DNS isn't being created, yet the server manager shows those servers are working properly.

34 Replies Related Threads

agermose
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/08 00:29:10 (permalink)
    Yea - DONT UPGRADE...

Have not spend much time on the system yet since we basicly cannot do anything anymore after upgrading unless we change the hole setup.

DNS - we have found that if we login as a reseller and look at the domainlist it shows in one case 190 domain. For the same reseller - if you try to go to domain properties -> domainservices -> dns zone editor, then the reseller gets a exception. If he goes to "tool" -> dns manager, then the system shows only 18 DNS zones to edit.

All our plans (ok, tested only for one reseller, but guessing it for all) - we are now unable to create websites because of some error in quota system. I does create the domain, just no mailboxes and if we try to create a mailbox, we get a quota error already when pressing "add mailbox" button.
    Support is saying as I understand them, that we and our resellers should just create a set of new plans!? In what world is this a OK response to bugs in a system and a OK suggestion to customers.
    I can also just fear how bad the situation is for all the already created domains and how the system is now failing to understand the qoutas...

we also see users where there are no "mail domains" in the list - even if we for sure have this.

for the new FTP chrooting (that you can select the start path of the user) its very slow for big sites and if you select subdirs and want to "go back" so you press the dir ".." you get exceptions. Not critical, but not looking good - and of cause it should work so...

have not testet to much more yet since we cannot create new websites now after upgrading - well, given of cause that we dont really see it as a option to "just create new plans".

so again - since this is just scratching the surface I would suggest not upgrading if you can - of cause this will leave you with all the old bugs... but at the moment - how knows what other bugs will show up...

And here I thought the llooooonnnnggg wait for this version was because it was better tested and problem free.

HMCGuru
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/08 02:15:24 (permalink)
    i am not able to see such issue of dns listing. Your issue might be Machine speecific or  your cluster Environment. i dont see such error in my control panel.
    agermose
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/08 02:19:14 (permalink)
    nice. So its not a general issue - take part in the lottery of upgrading HC ;)
    bdeivid
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 00:11:26 (permalink)
    Hello HC users, 

after upgrade:

on the plan resource settings if You say that a MAX mailbox size is 20 MB (which could be used or not) and You have a 100 MB plan(100 MB disk) Your customers will not be able to create more then 5 Mailboxes !!!
    If I say that MAX mailbox size is 20 MB and I want to allow creation of 20 mailboxex, HC should only warn that there could be a 400 MB disk usage (this will happen only in some extreme cases), but HC SHOULD ALLOW ME TO CREATE 20 MAILBOXES  !!!  FOLLOWING THEIR LOGIC, YOU WOULD HAVE TO CREATE A PACKAGE WITH 400 MB DISK SPACE, BECAUSE SOME DAY IN SOME FAR FAR AWAY LAND, IT COULD BE POSSIBLE THAT ALL MAILBOXES ARE FULL  !!
    TOTAL SIZE IS NOT WHAT COULD BE USED, BUT WHAT IS ACTUALLY USED !!!

HC is only panel solution that is thinking like this !!! I have used and still using: Cpanel, HELM, Hsphere

With the last upgrade HC FORCE US TO CHANGE ALL OUR PLANS JUST TO FIT INTO THEIR LOGICAL CONCEPT, WHICH IS INCORRECT.

I think they have never heard for OVERSELLING (ollthough it is not a typical overselling) !!!
    Not to mention that emails are in 99% downloaded to local computer using Outlook, Thunderbird, so those possible disk usage would be temporary.
    Of course, HC should also warn if the user exceeds its allocated disk .

Another "GREAT" logic is that HC DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO SET LIMITS ON HOSTING PLANS IF ANY OF USERS IS EXCEEDING ANY OF RESOURCES. If you want to change limits in YOu plan, then You have to MANUALLY set every EXCEEDING USER and SELL THEM Addons, or upgrade them to a bigger plan or whatever ????
    If I have 50 users exceeding any resource, I have first change all users MANUALLY and after that I will be able to change the limits ???
    What if I want to DOWNGRADE MY RESOURCES ON SOME PLAN ??? 

WHAT IS THIS? A JOKE ?  
    Every panel solution we have used and are still using ALLOWS YOU TO SET THE LIMITS, NO MATTER WHAT USERS ARE EXCEEDING  !!! Some of solutions are so smart to ASK YOU IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS FOR EXISTING USERS, OR JUST TO SET THE LIMITS FOR NEW USERS. 
    But not HC.

HC should warn that there are users who are exceeding the limits on the plan, BUT HC MUST ALLOW ME TO SET THE LIMITS, NO MATTER WHO IS EXCEEDING AND WHAT IS HE EXCEEDING !!!

Support tickets and answers I dont want to mention. 
    Please COMMENT THIS, perhpas it is the only way we get HC to listen and RECONSIDER THEIR GLORIUS CHANGE  !!!
    komcc00
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 05:40:52 (permalink)
    We cannot create MySQL and MS SQL database after upgraded to HC8 build09.
    We are so regret to upgrade.
    We really so scare to upgrade, must come with surprise to you, error and bugs surprise.

agermose
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 07:22:59 (permalink)
    Is no big suprise that this release is also very buggy and shows that they have no usablility insigt, hosting insigt but it scares me to see how little respect they have for customers and the problems they create for us. You would think they would be standing in line to help with the problems they created but no, the message is just "yea, its quota, you can just see if you can figure out how its calculated, where the overusage is, how to get past it or mabye just create new plans and think different about Your customers needs - or **** off we dont care".
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 08:01:11 (permalink)
    We have found that lot of customers are facing these issues due to missing Store Procedure. For some unknown reasons it didn't apply correctly.
    Here we have updated HC build9 installer which will forcefully apply these StoreProcedures.
    Please download the modified installer from http://hostingcontroller.com/english/ddirect.html and apply only on HC database server.
    agermose
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 08:05:39 (permalink)
    what issues does it fix?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 08:11:47 (permalink)
    1. Issues with database script incomplete update on some machines.
    2. Client Issue with Public Folder with Multiple AD.        

patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 09:17:39 (permalink)
    I am able to create MSSQL/MYSQL/Icewarp email, Nothing I have noticed anything worst .. Should I apply modified installer too ?
    bdeivid
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 09:48:07 (permalink)
    Hello HC users,

errors after upgrade: no mailboxes visible on some accounts - HC displays no maildomain 
    After deleteing maildomain on mailenable we tried to recreate it using HC8 - but HC says MAILDOMAIN EXISTS

After completely deleteing the domain from HC we tried to recreate the domain, HC says DNS zone exists - we checked and there is no ZONE in DNS

Some resellers do not see all DNS zones
    Some users can not create emails
    Some user do not see their mailboxes
    Some user can not create Databases ... and so on....

I ask HC, Is it right to use us as beta testers ???
    To play with our hosting business ?? To affect our business policies by changing-forcing some fundamental logic (like described earlier - Mailbox sizes and disk quota) ???

People what are You doing?? We live from our hosting business - YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH IT !!

nextmill
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 12:47:20 (permalink)
    Download new Installer, it didn't fix anything
    After upgrading cluster from 8.00.08 to 8.00.09, 3 things broke

1) Domain Creation emails are not generated anymore
    2) SmarterMail Domain Admin User is not Created, Domain is, but missing Admin
    3) DNS zone is not created on primary/secondary any longer

My email to Support says they have forwarded my domain creation issue to the concerned team but failed to recognize my 2 other issues that I emailed them about.
    komcc00
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/09 12:56:34 (permalink)
    We more serious:
    1) Domain Creation emails are not generated anymore
    2) mdaemon Domain Admin User is not Created, Domain is, but missing Admin
    3) cannot create MySQL and MS SQL database
    komcc00
    Re:HC 8.0 Build 9 Bugs introduced 2010/11/10 00:00:26 (permalink)
    We have upgraded again with new HC8 build 09 pack.
    Everything still same.

We have checked, total Store Procedure before and after upgrade still the same, only 1103 items inside Store Procedure.

Please let us know how to fix this issue.
    Our customers are so crazy this issue.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: