LockedDNS Zone already exists - error when trying to create new domain

Author
Buddyspike
2010/11/20 09:21:43 (permalink)

DNS Zone already exists - error when trying to create new domain

We have an issue where we receive the following error when trying to create a website domain:
Error : 70701250 : DNS Zone already exists.

Some background on this issue; we originally created a Mail Only domain for a domain, example.com and recently switched the plan from a Mail Only to a Both Web & Mail plan where the user is able to create a domain name, but when the user tries to create their website domain, the above error is generated and no website domain is created.  We have tried to purge the old DNS entry in the DNS server and manually deleted the DNS entry in the HC SQL database entry but the error is still being generated.  We have tried to search for this issue in both these forums and KB articles but have had no success ...

Does anyone have any further ideas or suggestions?

4 Replies Related Threads

Xavier
    Re:DNS Zone already exists - error when trying to create new domain 2010/11/22 11:14:18 (permalink)
    I am wondering how did you manage to switch from MailOnly to Generic Hosting Plan because I have not seen this option yet in HC. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And if DNS entry does not exist under DNS Home Dir then HC should also create DNS without any issue.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:DNS Zone already exists - error when trying to create new domain 2010/11/22 11:19:12 (permalink)
    Buddyspike

We have an issue where we receive the following error when trying to create a website domain:
    Error : 70701250 : DNS Zone already exists.

Some background on this issue; we originally created a Mail Only domain for a domain, example.com and recently switched the plan from a Mail Only to a Both Web & Mail plan where the user is able to create a domain name, but when the user tries to create their website domain, the above error is generated and no website domain is created.  We have tried to purge the old DNS entry in the DNS server and manually deleted the DNS entry in the HC SQL database entry but the error is still being generated.  We have tried to search for this issue in both these forums and KB articles but have had no success ...

Does anyone have any further ideas or suggestions?

Find the old dns entry in c:\windows\system32\dns folder and then remove it. If you have multiple dns servers then make sure old zone files been removed from them too.

Buddyspike
    Re:DNS Zone already exists - error when trying to create new domain 2010/11/22 19:52:33 (permalink)
    Xavier

I am wondering how did you manage to switch from MailOnly to Generic Hosting Plan because I have not seen this option yet in HC. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You can create a Mail Only Plan in HC 8 build 8 by selecting Hosting Plans > Add a Plan > in General Information Tab/ Plan Mode you can select:  Generic Hosting, Mail Only Hosting or VM Hosting. 
    I was able to switch plans when in the Sold Plans section in Hosting Plans by selecting the Switch Plan button and then making the necessary changes.  (I think this is where I did this part, cant tell you exactly right now as we are in the middle of fixing some ASP errors on this page that are being generated as a result of a cancelled Build 9 installation)
    post edited by Buddyspike - 2010/11/22 19:54:27
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:DNS Zone already exists - error when trying to create new domain 2010/12/28 12:28:44 (permalink)
    If there still any issue with dns zone file then feel free to contact us.
    Jump to: