LockedHC8 Build 10

Author
Intragroup
2011/01/31 08:09:42 (permalink)

HC8 Build 10

Is build 10 still due the first week of February?

11 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/06 03:27:00 (permalink)
    Due to some major enhancement/integration in coming build10 has been delayed the release date. We are expecting to launch first public beta in next few days.
    agermose
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/07 01:01:10 (permalink)
    scares me to read - what enhancement/integration are we talking about?
    Xavier
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/07 02:04:41 (permalink)
    agermose

scares me to read - what enhancement/integration are we talking about?

I did not find anything scary about it
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/07 11:02:59 (permalink)
    Detail would be available for customers once we officially release build10.
    FYI: Mostly the new integration is at Enterprise level module (Hypver-V, OCS, Exchange 2010 )
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/09 00:16:36 (permalink)
    It looks like HC is now concentrating more on Enterprise modules than Shared Hosting. Shared Hosting features of HC have lots of bugs which are actually affecting the business of Shared Hosting customers. Personally, I think HC should release another software for Enterprise Modules and continue enhancing the shared hosting features.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/09 02:29:01 (permalink)
    Natish, base on which reports you are saying this ? If you review previous builds release date then you can realize that we keep balance between enterprise and Shared hosting module.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/09 02:44:09 (permalink)
    nitaish
     I think HC should release another software for Enterprise Modules and continue enhancing the shared hosting features.

I bet you are not using Enterprise module :) to be honest this is a very poor suggestion. I would be surprised if HC even consider this request.  We are using enterprise module in Mix mode. Where we have Exchange 2010, Icewarp 10.x, Apache web server, Linux Mysql server, IIS7 web server. HC interface is ideal for us to manage multiple roles in a single cluster. 
    What would happen if a exchange customer request for linux or IIS hosting, why shall we login in other control panel to create a shared hosting account for them. Isn't this ease our life to do all operations in a single interface ?

BTW: I would say that HC shall concentrate more on enterprise module enhancement/features than share hosing. 
    FYI: Our hosting company survive on exchange hosting services where we charge $6.99 per mailbox/month , whereas Shared hosting is just $2 or 3 /month and its require more work/support than enterprise hosting.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/15 00:56:37 (permalink)
    nitaish

It looks like HC is now concentrating more on Enterprise modules than Shared Hosting. Shared Hosting features of HC have lots of bugs which are actually affecting the business of Shared Hosting customers. Personally, I think HC should release another software for Enterprise Modules and continue enhancing the shared hosting features.

Dear Nitaish you are always welcome to send any valuable feedback/suggestion/improvement which you want to look into the Hosting Controller product. 
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/21 00:38:26 (permalink)
    @Patrick: I appreciate your suggestions. But let me tell you not all shared hosting providers are providing Enterprise Modules to their customers. I have a few small hosting companies as customers who sell only shared hosting to their customers and they have been constantly complaining about issues with Hosting Controller. Almost, everybody wants to move out from HC. It is me who is actually convincing them to stay with HC. All I want to say is that HC should also concentrate on providing features for Shared Hosting. For example, HC has not integrated Tomcat yet though I have been demanding it since ages. All the customers provide JSP hosting and they have to manually manage Tomcat since it is not supported with HC. This is just one example.
    agermose
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/21 00:56:45 (permalink)
    hi
    we are not using any of the enterprise things, but I would not go so fare as to say they should not provide them. I think they should.

I think they should really concentrate on providing bug free releases. And rethink how they release things - like make sure that all fixes are in place before releasing big new features or thinks like this. Like last time where they totally changed the logic around package structure and quotas. Make sure we have a bug free release so I can make the choise of upgrading or not. And simply make sure that HC is capable of the most simply hosting features before jumping into big advanced features.
    It still does not do 302 redirects. FTP chrooting/start paths - ok now its actually "provided" but of cause not working, things like that.

IDN names - even microsoft has found out about IDN names for some time now...

Clean up the interface. I dont understand why there are 3-4 different ways of doing the same. Sometimes you end up in a readonly setting and sometimes not. Very often you end up in a situation where the interface does not work or allow you to do what you where supposed to be able to do simply becasue its not well tested - im guessing because there are 3-4 ways to get to some feature and HC is only testing one: typically the lease intuative way to get there or using the "tools" menu (dont have any users that understand this :) ).
    And please, please, please soon, do something about all the issues where a user can so very easy bring down a linux server just by deleting a directory or file somewhere.

test, test....

I was disapointed to read the thread elsewhere where the HC people where writing about expecting errors... and also proudly stating how they had fast released 6 (READ again: 6) fixes to a release. Maybe just test, test, test and release only the release....

anyway - do release enterprise features in build 10 if You feel thats good for You, but please also release fixes to the issues in build 9.

and then maybe a build 11 just about interface remake/cleanup of all the wirred deadends and strange behavior.
    renhack
    Re:HC8 Build 10 2011/02/21 07:32:37 (permalink)
    Totally agree on the interface issues.  I've been using it for a year now and still have issues sometimes.   Coming from Plesk, HC is just completely unintuitive for our users.   Click path should just be Customer > Domain > Services.   Keep it simple.   It's also pretty poorly tested across browsers with lots of little design inconsistencies.   

On another note.   Don't lump all shared hosting into the oversell cheap category.   We charge from $20 - $50 a month for shared hosting and have plenty of customers who come from cheap providers.   Quality is what sets your pricing, not quantity.   Answer your phones, respond to emails, go the extra distance with support and your customers will happily pay for the value of your service.
    Jump to: