LockedMore then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think?

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2011/04/26 04:59:37 (permalink)

More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think?

Dear friends,

With HC6, we had a nice customization that Im hoping can be a feature in HC. We added an extra field called "webmaster's email". This way, when customer opens a ticket, he can request for someone else (his webmaster) to get a copy of the ticket replies also.

I suggested this to HC but unfortunately it was denied. Dont you think there could be the option to have an extra email address in the profile that can receive ticket replies also?

Surely many companies would appreciate this. Many times you have the customer and also a webmaster or someone else who also has to get a copy of the tickets... So all we want is 1 more email address field in profile that can get ticket replies (possibly in ticketing there can be a checkbox like "alternative email also get a copy" that would come marked on by default).

What do you think?

Thanks,
Flavio

8 Replies Related Threads

patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2011/04/26 07:05:58 (permalink)
    Seems a good option, Instead of defining mail variable in the template HC shall provide a Forward email option which host and reseller could set in their interface.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2011/05/24 02:14:14 (permalink)
    Do you want extra email address field in the trouble ticket section or for the rest of HC templates as well ?
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2011/05/24 05:46:05 (permalink)
    Hi,

I believe youre asking Patrick. My 2 cents and the way our programmer adjusted HC6 is to have 1 more email address in Profile and when opening a ticket theres a checkbox "secondary email receives tick also" which was marked by default.

I believe this is the way to go, IMHO. For example Kayako v4 software we use also now permits several emails to open tickets. Its the reality, theres many times not just 1 person taking care of a web hosting, there's the owner of the company, there's the webmaster... So it makes sense to allow more then 1 email to get ticket responses...

Thanks.

FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2011/11/12 16:37:02 (permalink)
    Hi, HC

Pls reply again?

Thanks.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2011/11/14 06:50:32 (permalink)
    Currently this feature request is in to-do list and we will review it in next year 2nd mid term.
    We will initiate discussion with you about it once concern department start working on it.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2012/03/08 17:57:30 (permalink)
    Hi, Tahir

Pls remember to keep us posted on this?

Thanks.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2012/03/19 19:59:58 (permalink)
    Dear Tahir,

For now can you ask team to let us put 2 email addresses in profile separated by semi colon?

It would be a nice workaround until the feature to have 2 addresses is added.

Thanks.

FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:More then 1 email to receive ticket replies - what do you think? 2012/09/26 13:48:17 (permalink)
    Dear Tahir,

A customer suggested something a bit different, I think its easy for you to implement :) A field where he can add someone to a ticket (copy). This is very useful so his customer or whoever he wants can follow up on that topic...

Can you consider that? An extra field "Copy to", that user would fill and it would stay enabled just for that ticket?

Thanks,
    Flavio

for my control - premio.
    Jump to: