LockedNew cumulative quota... pls your opinion

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2011/05/28 07:37:33 (permalink)

New cumulative quota... pls your opinion

Hi, everyone

Im wondering how other hosts are dealing with the new cumulative quota system... If anyone out there was using also 1 domain per plan and how they are dealing with new cumulative quota.

We always used to use 1 domain per plan, it was always easier this way. So, for example, a certain webadmin has 10 plans and 10 domains, lets say 5 parking domain plans and 5 hosting plans, each for its respective domain.

We have a customized billing system, it shows each customers domain and respective plan.

Then came the cumulative quota... The thing is, now new domains for HC are not associated with any plan... So our invoice would show a new plan created and next to it, instead of its plan, it would show "No plan found".

The workaround I found is, for the new domains, that dont have a plan associated with it, our invoice shows the text "cumulative quota" and at the end of the invoice it shows all the domains that dont have plans. At least, in the invoice, where customers here are used to seeing a list of their plans and which domain uses which plan, it shows all their domains.

Im wondering if Ill keep it this way or how I can adapt to cumulative quota in the future. I imagine I could change all customer's plans and fit them in 1 plan that would have multiple domains, etc. But it would be really hard work to go over hundreds of customer, see what they have, and fit them into new plans that have basically everything they have... and Id have to change all my hosting plans, make plans that have multiple domains and resources.

Maybe HC could keep better backwords compatibility for those that had 1 domain per plan... The cumulative quota would still exist, but a new domain would be tied to a plan... It would still use resources from all other plans, but a certain plan was sold with the goal of hosting a new site...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks a lot.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: