Lockedstats problems

Author
agermose
2011/06/09 02:53:46 (permalink)

stats problems

hi

after upgrading we again see problems with users beeing unable to access the statistic pages of the webhotel. We used to tell them to simply go to "tools" -> "stats" and remove the stats for the domain and then recreate them and they would have again a working stats page INCLUDING the old stats. After upgrading to build 10 this sadly DELETES the stats - so gone with months or years of stats - not good.

its ofcause a problem that customers so often need to delete and recreate the stats pages after a upgrade of HC, but in failing to fix this issue at least we need that the actual stats data are not deleted when deleting the stats page. Normally I would understand that the data should be deleted when You delete "stats on your page", but since its a HC feature also for fixing stats problems then its not so good.

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:stats problems 2011/06/09 03:13:27 (permalink)
    Build modification don't remove any record from apache or IIS including awstats. Either non of any modification been done at awstats end. You are reporting a very strange issue please open a ticket on support channel and provide them remote access credentials to check the issue status on server.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:stats problems 2011/06/09 03:41:26 (permalink)
    agermose

hi

after upgrading we again see problems with users beeing unable to access the statistic pages of the webhotel. We used to tell them to simply go to "tools" -> "stats" and remove the stats for the domain and then recreate them and they would have again a working stats page INCLUDING the old stats. After upgrading to build 10 this sadly DELETES the stats - so gone with months or years of stats - not good.

its ofcause a problem that customers so often need to delete and recreate the stats pages after a upgrade of HC, but in failing to fix this issue at least we need that the actual stats data are not deleted when deleting the stats page. Normally I would understand that the data should be deleted when You delete "stats on your page", but since its a HC feature also for fixing stats problems then its not so good.

We didn't receive any of such issue in build10 or 11, awstats is working fine in its original state.
    agermose
    Re:stats problems 2011/06/10 09:33:21 (permalink)
    hi

I cannot say for sure if its related to upgrading except at least once where the structure in the config was changed. We just pay attention that we get the customer tickets about non working stats pages every time we upgrade :) Its not a new issue - we have reported this and opened tickets about it before.

also I cannot possible say if its actually now the stats pages are broken or before and the different customers just only now checked and found out. The only indication is two how have reported this more times and now again.

I have made a new ticket
    Jump to: