LockedImport User Missing

Author
JasCommsH
2012/02/05 12:46:52 (permalink)

Import User Missing

I have just installed HC on a Server 2008 machine with some test users. When i'm logged in as HCAdmin I go to migration. I can see import website/DB but no import users. Have I missed something that need activating?

Something else I have noticed. I have entered the relative details for my MS Sql service which is located under "D:\Microsoft SQL Server" could someone please tell me extactly what folder you want it to point too because at the minute everytime I try to add a MS SQL db in my test user space is generates an error which also shuts down the HC Remoting Service.
post edited by JasCommsH - 2012/02/05 13:54:55

8 Replies Related Threads

Xavier
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 00:58:15 (permalink)
    boris
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 02:01:54 (permalink)
    JasCommsH

I have just installed HC on a Server 2008 machine with some test users. When i'm logged in as HCAdmin I go to migration. I can see import website/DB but no import users. Have I missed something that need activating?

Something else I have noticed. I have entered the relative details for my MS Sql service which is located under "D:\Microsoft SQL Server" could someone please tell me extactly what folder you want it to point too because at the minute everytime I try to add a MS SQL db in my test user space is generates an error which also shuts down the HC Remoting Service.

I also contacted HC Support team and here is the solution which they provided me:

Install HC8 build 12 on your server as NT user import option has been removed from the later builds due to user infrastructure change in build 13 and later ones.

kindly uninstall build 13 from the server and then follow these steps:
    1. Download  and install build 12 installer from the following link:
      For x86 machines:
      http://hostingcontroller.com/english/downloads/archived/HC8-B12.exe
      For x64 machines:
      http://hostingcontroller.com/english/downloads/archived/HC8-x64-B12.exe
    2. After the installation , follow the kb article for Websites and NT user migrations.
    3. Once migration is done then you can modify HC8 build 13 with the help of this link.
    Note: The above mentioned steps are for the users who are migrating from another control panel to HC panel.

The above instructions helped me to migrate my existing users and I hope these instructions would be helpful to you as well.

Regarding MSSQL Path, ensure that you have given full path up-til Data Directory for Databases. And apart from it this kb article may help you:
    http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a62/mssql-database-is-not-creating-in-sql-server-2000-or-msde.aspx

JasCommsH
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 02:54:59 (permalink)
    Thanks very much Boris,

Its nice to see that someone is actually understanding the problems and provides working solutions rather than fobbing people off to FAQ's and KB's.

Also Boris, the link you posted for SQL Server, is this also required just for SQL 2008?

In relation to the SQL Issue, I'm using SQL 2008 Express. I know the credentials are correct as I can use them to login to SQL Management. According to the Test button, HC can connect to the DB and I set the path as per your details. Many thanks for that. Now when I go into a webadmin and select add db, I enter the required feilds for a MSSQL DB and upon clicking create DB I get the following error

Error : 73100080  : Unknown exception occurred while adding SQL Server database.

This error in turn then forces the HC Remoting service to shutdown.

What's amazing to me is that I am a perspective new customer and have had the system running for less than 36 hours and have 2 problems already both of which have been "detailed" explained to support and they come back with FAQ and KB articles.

Also if anyone know why the SMTP Server under mail manager doesn't pass off username and password to a remote mail server that would be really helpful too.
    post edited by JasCommsH - 2012/02/06 03:00:32
    boris
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 04:23:28 (permalink)

http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a69/unable-to-login-in-hc-after-fresh-installation.aspx
    In this kb article utilities for SQL 2008 are also mentioned which you can download from the link. And also restart HC Remoting once you have installed SQL Client utilities on your machine. Hope this should fix the issue.

We are also HC clients for a couple of years. Had issues with HC intially only which were not issues rather were misconfigurations at my part. Those were resolved by HC support team. So, do stay in touch with them.

JasCommsH

Also if anyone know why the SMTP Server under mail manager doesn't pass off username and password to a remote mail server that would be really helpful too.

Can you send the screenshot of the error?
    JasCommsH
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 04:46:17 (permalink)
    This is the mail settings - 
    www.felixstoweit.co.uk/hcpanel/mail_error.png
    (copy and paste into browser)

This is the errors from my mail log

02/06/12 10:25:35 SMTP-IN EA09BE9DE0804099B1426247D905E843.MAI 884 80.7.100.59 MAIL MAIL FROM:<a*****@f********.co.uk> 551 This mail server requires authentication before sending mail from a locally hosted domain. Please reconfigure your mail client to authenticate before sending mail. 169 39

Will post any SQL errors after following your new directions. Once again thanks for all the help.
    JasCommsH
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 05:06:08 (permalink)
    Well thats the SQL error fixed now just to fix the mail issue. Thanks so much Boris
    boris
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 05:56:16 (permalink)
    http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a124/how-to-configure-mail-delivery-in-hc-panel.aspx

If you are having issues with Mail Authentication method, you should use Direct Delivery method which is also described in this link I have given to you.
    JasCommsH
    Re:Import User Missing 2012/02/06 06:18:34 (permalink)
    Hi Boris,

I did that as well. Check this link for the new error using Direct Delivery

www.felixstoweit.co.uk/hcpanel/mail_error2.png

Error from mail server using direct delivery
    post edited by JasCommsH - 2012/02/06 06:30:51
    Jump to: