LockedUnder construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think?

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2012/03/12 14:34:03 (permalink)

Under construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think?

Hi, everyone

I was commenting with HC support before posting to forum, but I didn't succeed. With all respect, the new under construction page/template that HC comes with is, IMHO, exagerating a little bit in terms of propaganda.

See how it looks:

[image]http://www.fefla.com.br/pvt/hcconstruct.jpg[/image]
I know I can change the template, but more work for us and it gets overwritten upon upgrades.

Really, IMHO the goal with an under construction page is to promote the user's website, not HC :) HC should have some small powered by HC notice (as was before), not a page that dedicates more space to HC then the site itself :)

Do you agree?

Thanks,
Flavio
post edited by Luca2 - 2012/03/19 19:57:44

5 Replies Related Threads

crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:Under construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think? 2012/03/22 11:35:07 (permalink)
    Hello,
             No, I don't agree with this. It happened because HC want copy a similar format from Parallels. Parallels control panel has a lot "of spam" or advertising in your construction page.  But it's ugly for any customer.
    WrightWeb
    Starting Member
    Re:Under construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think? 2012/03/24 22:13:23 (permalink)
    Besides, how many people - when stumbling upon this page trying to visit a church website or a local coffee shop website - will actually care about hosting automation software?  I'd venture to bet that most people who stumble upon these pages don't even know or care what hosting automation is!  I mean, I can see a host putting a message on here plugging their services.  But why do I want a page on my customers' site, even one under construction, that would only interest my competitors?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Under construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think? 2012/03/29 15:24:10 (permalink)
    All of these HC templates including Parking page can easily be customized from " Tool :: Edit Templates ". You can edit them as per your requirement.
    Note: We have changed Default Parking page template in Build13 but it will not overwrite by applying next new builds.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Under construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think? 2012/03/30 15:55:55 (permalink)
    Thanks, HC. Its nice of you for not overwriting the files :)

However, its still IMHO too much HC propaganda in an under construction site, as other users, of end users that are not even your target audience... And you give the admins work to have to put back the old construction page...

Anyways, thanks again for not making the files get overwritten :)

- Flávio
    rsteuer
    Re:Under construction page now has way too much HC propaganda. What do you think? 2012/05/07 06:02:18 (permalink)
    I agree fully.  If we are sold HC solution with full branding capability, as HC promoted during their sales pitch, then we should not be subject to this kind of marketing campaign on our sites or HC panel.  To find this info on a site hosted by the reseller is not only annoying, but offensive.  Stumbling on this and other unannounced changes without warning from HC borders on deceit.
    Jump to: