LockedSome questions about HC8 / Exchange

Author
sdonnet
2012/03/29 03:31:30 (permalink)

Some questions about HC8 / Exchange

Hi,

We are currently evaluating HC8 with its Exchange Module, and have some questions about the product :
- does it need REALLY a top and non-void "OU" to create Organisations (can we implement ORG at AD root folder) ?
- does it implement full SP2 features, such as new ABP (Address Book Policy) ?
- is it able to import an exiting Exchange platform (import current users, DL, contacts, ...) ?
- can we create "mailbox templates" ? i-e for instance "FullMAilbox" with POP+IMAP+MAPI, for instance "WebMailboxes", i-e not-MAPI+IMAP+... and bulkly apply this to mailboxes... ?

4 Replies Related Threads

Xavier
    Re:Some questions about HC8 / Exchange 2012/03/29 04:40:51 (permalink)
    I have been evaluating Exchange 2010 SP2 with HC for few weeks and its impressive as support team deployed HC panel on all my machines. It supports all features of Exchange 2010 SP2 which you have asked apart from Address Book Policy and according to HC team ABP is also in their todo list which is a good news.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Some questions about HC8 / Exchange 2012/03/29 15:16:54 (permalink)
    sdonnet
     Hi,
     We are currently evaluating HC8 with its Exchange Module, and have some questions about the product :
    - does it need REALLY a top and non-void "OU" to create Organisations (can we implement ORG at AD root folder) ?

After HC8 Build13 you can select any Root OU storage location of your choice, and it is not necessary that OU location should be on root of AD.

- does it implement full SP2 features, such as new ABP (Address Book Policy) ?

Address Book Policy support will be available in upcoming HC version, but even in current integration of HC with Exchange segregation using ACL will not make any issues.

- is it able to import an exiting Exchange platform (import current users, DL, contacts, ...) ?

Yes you can import existing mail accounts from Exchange 2007/2010 into HC Panel, for this please open ticket on support department they will send instructions to you.
    Note: Mail Contact can't be imported using HC Exchange import utility but we will guide you to show them in HC panel.

- can we create "mailbox templates" ? i-e for instance "FullMAilbox" with POP+IMAP+MAPI, for instance "WebMailboxes", i-e not-MAPI+IMAP+... and bulkly apply this to mailboxes... ?

Yes this is possible which you can handle using HC Plan Manager. Mailbox protocol i.e IMAP,POP,MAPI,Active Sync can only be enabled on a mailbox if its quota is available for the user in allocated Plan.

sdonnet
    Re:Some questions about HC8 / Exchange 2012/03/30 07:55:54 (permalink)
    Tahir
    After HC8 Build13 you can select any Root OU storage location of your choice, and it is not necessary that OU location should be on root of AD.

Thanks for reply on points #2 and #3. For this first point, just to be clear : with HC8 Build3,  is it possible to specifiy none OU ? i-e the AD root [DC=,DC,=,DC=] is our root for all our customers.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Some questions about HC8 / Exchange 2012/04/01 06:06:49 (permalink)
    sdonnet
     Thanks for reply on points #2 and #3. For this first point, just to be clear : with HC8 Build3,  is it possible to specifiy none OU ? i-e the AD root [DC=,DC,=,DC=] is our root for all our customers.

No its not possible you must specify a location as root OU where HC will store domains organization.
    Jump to: