LockedAdding new mail domain

Author
Rory
2012/09/03 07:14:39 (permalink)

Adding new mail domain

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a multi tenant exchange system and I'm using HC9 to eval if its a good product to use.
I'm having issues trying to setup a new mail domain,
I have created a user and org, but when i go to create a domain it states that 'no mailbox database found'
How can i populate this drop down menu with my exchange database?

I'm using a standalone machine as my HC cp system and the exchange 2010 box is attached to the cluster.
I've tried following the knowledge base but its 2 years out of date for this subject

Any help is much appreciated.

Rory

6 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Adding new mail domain 2012/09/03 07:28:45 (permalink)
    Can you see MBX and CAS Server listing on Exchange configuration panel if you login in HC as host go to Cluster Configuration > My Server > Edit Server > Mail Server tab where it shows the Exchange Server information.

Rory
    Re:Adding new mail domain 2012/09/03 07:58:52 (permalink)
    Hi Tahri,

Under the mail server tab i have:
    Mail server type - exchange 2010
    hub server ip - My exchange IP
    mx ip - my exchange ip
    cas server - selected my exchange server
    owa url - the owa url for the domain

Rory

*EDIT*
    I just input the OWA data and i can now select the mailbox in a new domain.
    I have a new question though. I have already setup a domain out with HC, when trying to add it into HC it states "Error 72300190 mail domain already exists"
    post edited by Rory - 2012/09/03 08:08:43
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Adding new mail domain 2012/09/03 08:08:41 (permalink)
    Can you also see MBX databases in HC host > Panel Configuration > Exchange Module > Mail Store ?

If yes then under Reseller Mailbox Database (right under Mail Store ) > Chose Reseller > and assign a Database to the reseller then try to add Mail domain.
    Rory
    Re:Adding new mail domain 2012/09/03 08:11:45 (permalink)
    Just posted at the same time, I'll repost my edit:
    ---

I just input the OWA data and i can now select the mailbox in a new domain.
    I have a new question though. I have already setup a domain before installing HC, when trying to add it into HC it states "Error 72300190 mail domain already exists", how can i import this domain for use in HC
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Adding new mail domain 2012/09/03 08:41:11 (permalink)
    You can't create a domain which already existed in the Mail Server. Hosting Controller provide a utility which use to import existing exchange accounts in the HC Panel.
    Please open a ticket on support or Sales team and request for import utility doc + download URL.
    Rory
    Re:Adding new mail domain 2012/09/03 08:46:56 (permalink)
    Thanks Tahir, ticket submitted.
    Jump to: