LockedIcewarp unclear error in several cases

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2012/10/31 13:33:09 (permalink)

Icewarp unclear error in several cases

If account already exists or if its out of pass policy, the same unclear error is shown:

Error : 72300060 : Unable to create mailbox.

Can you pls improve the error?

Tks.

2 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Icewarp unclear error in several cases 2012/11/01 08:55:45 (permalink)
    All error handling in HC is based on "ErrorCodes" that each has an "ErrorMessage" associated with it depending on the language being used in panel.Each of these HC Errorcodes is followed by a certain set of actions like adding/removing a resource in HC database, depending on the error code returned.
    This cannot be achieved by getting error message strings from the application or server integrated in HC like web server or mail server and parsing them to know the result of the activity. Hence HC Panel does not display error messages returned from any application or server integrated in HC.
    Secondly, in case of exe utility base API (Icewarp integration) it became very difficut to get the error description from the output return by the utilty.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Icewarp unclear error in several cases 2012/11/01 10:39:12 (permalink)
    Hi, Tahir

I undertand, but still, perhaps a generic error that tells users the possibilities?

Such as Error xyz... Check password policy or if the account doesnt already exist...  Right now I use this

<Error Error-Code="72300060">Unable to create mailbox. Check if the account already exists or if the passwords is in compliance with our password policy.</Error>

As I found when the account already exists, the same error appears.

Its better then nothing, perhaps?

Thanks
    post edited by Luca2 - 2012/11/14 14:50:07
    Jump to: