LockedHC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration

Author
CS
2014/04/08 05:53:41 (permalink)

HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration

Hi all,
I am not sure if I am posting in the correct section. I am very new to HC and to this forum as well. Really need some helps here.

An ex-colleague set up a shared exchange platform for my company, coupled with HC v8. This colleague left the company last year. 2 weeks back, due to internal change, we migrated the whole platform, with changes to internal IP.

The platform seemed well, with mails still flowing in and out. Later on, we got complaint that user can't log into HC admin panel. Then we realized that we need to make changes on HC as well. So, I followed the steps on this guide:

After this recovery, users are able to login, the page loaded as per normal. However, users can't see the mailboxes created under their domain. It seems like HC is now not connecting to mailstore, HCDB, CAS, ect.

I really hope someone here can give me some pointers on how to have this issue resolved. Thousand thanks to all in advanced.

Thanks.

6 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration 2014/04/08 09:52:46 (permalink)
    When you add an Exchange Organization HC associate a MBX database with this Organization. In case you change the MBX db for mailboxes or even change the MBX Server then you will need to associate new MBX Server/DB to existing Exchange Organization.

Login in HC Panel as Host go to Panel Configuration :: Exchange Module Configuration :: Sync Organization Mailbox Database select Exchange Organization press edit and chose correct MBX db.
    This shall fix the Mailbox creation for user.

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration 2014/04/08 10:10:35 (permalink)
    In addition, Please make sure that you are running latest HC version 9.08 in order to have sync Mailbox Database option for Organization.

For more detail about HC build releases visit this link 
    CS
    Re:HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration 2014/04/08 21:24:38 (permalink)
    Hi Tahir,

Thank you for your instructions.

We are now running version 8.xxx (I am not sure of the exact version number, but am sure that it is version 8). In my case, we cannot use the sync Mailbox Database option for Organization function? Other than upgrade, is there any workaround?

Thanks.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration 2014/04/09 02:49:11 (permalink)
    Which version of HC 8 build you are running, you can find it inside Panel > Home Screen And what Exchange Version plus Service pack you are using ?
    CS
    Re:HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration 2014/04/09 03:31:46 (permalink)
    Hi,
    We are using version 8.00.0013, MS Exchange 2010, v14.00.0722.000, MS Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1.
    Someone actually advised us to try this:

I haven't tried yet as for now. As for you advices previously, I am not able to find any Panel Config regarding Exchange Module Config.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC not connecting to CAS/HCDB/Mailstore after migration 2014/04/10 04:14:37 (permalink)
    We will strongly recommend to use the up to dated HC version on your Exchange Server, definitely it will include latest HC features/Performance Optimization/Stability efficiency.
    The current HC version which you are running is almost 2 year old. You can contact HC support team they will help you to modify your Panel version with Latest one.

Jump to: