LockedRBX will not restore

Author
redbaran
Premium Member
2005/06/29 10:08:36 (permalink)

RBX will not restore

Has anyone restored from RBX yet?

We are trying to restore from backup and it is telling use that it did but no data in anything but the HC MSSQL db. We have tried all of the backup that we had but still nothing and no errors in the log file.

We have removed and reinstalled 3 times now, we are at HF 2.1.

RBX shows that it is registered

HC support has yet to respond no my ticket. Got someone on MSN and they could not see the problem and then logged out. NICE!

I have not bashed there support before but if we had a complete hardware faliur we would be screwed because we could not restore and then could not get a hold of their support. We have been trying to restore for 2 days now.

FYI HC the RBX will crash if you do restore in a certain order.

Steps are:
Open Rebuild server
Hit Next
Select local and set path
Hit next
Uncheck Send email users new passwords
Click advanced
Set username and password for SQL
Click ok and then it will automatically start to restore with out hitting the Start Rebuild.
Starts to restore and the disappears at about 10%

Show DR Watson in event viewer.

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 06/29/2005 @ 16:41:14.546 The exception generated was c0000094 at address 00402103 ()

This is happening on all of our servers

2 Replies Related Threads

redbaran
    Premium Member
    RE: RBX will not restore 2005/06/30 12:20:18 (permalink)
    Well we got past the RBX crashing. Looks like there was two tables owned by hc6user which was the user for the HC DB. had to set it back to dbo but still did not restore everything. We got users restored (very slow about 1 min per user) and webspace but no DNS, Email or domains.

Found this in the RBX log

06/30/05,11:28:49,ERROR Restore Hosting Controller,Unable to retrieve information from Hosting Controller database for domain ¬ourdomain.net¬. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name ¬Awstats¬.,

We don¬t use awstats on the old serve or new one.

Got this email from HC

I am sorry for much delay in getting back to you. Actually in our country internet backbone is physically damaged that¬s why we are not able to communicate with our customers. I hope this problem will be fixed with in next couple of days.

Well they sent me this email didn¬t they?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: RBX will not restore 2005/02/07 10:08:36 (permalink)
    Actually we have some internet back bone problem since 5 days thats why support guys were not able to properly communicate with you on live support.

You have been in touch with support by mail. Please let me know if you still have any problem?
    Jump to: