LockedRBX default checkbox options

Author
mdscorp
Premium Member
2005/08/03 17:18:19 (permalink)

RBX default checkbox options

I am workign right now on rebuilding all MAIL domains which misteriosuly dissapeared from my IMail server, I do not know if this is a vulnerability thorugh HC or what but th ething is that when I start RBX I can un-check some checkboxes but WEBSITES, FTP ACCOUNTS and SYSTEM ACCOUNTS are grayed out and checked by default. I think the user should be able to un-check these boxes as well, right now I only needed to restore MAIL domains to IMail but because of these default settings on RBX the restore process takes extremely long as it restores everything else that I cannot un-check.

Please consider improving RBX to allow for more flexibility

thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: RBX default checkbox options 2005/03/08 13:11:27 (permalink)
    This is how RBX works and I am afraid it is not possible for us to provide such option to uncheck "WEBSITES, FTP ACCOUNTS and SYSTEM ACCOUNTS" at restore because first RBX has to restore HC Database and if both domain and user are successfully restored then RBX will start restore process for respective Mail domain.
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: RBX default checkbox options 2005/04/08 04:30:09 (permalink)
    In my case, the default checks were a huge waste of time.
    Domains, user and ftp accounts were all fine. Somehow though all mail domains under IMail were wiped out, I am still trying to find out how could this happened, maybe a vulnerability through HC ? One thing I found was a MAIL DOMAIN under the MAIL table call ADMIN and the reator was called MASTER, I have no customer with MASTER as username.
    Anyway, the only thing I needed restored was the MAIL domains, nevertheless my and my customers had to sit during the 2.5 hours it took RBX to re-build all user system accounts, ftp accounts and site domain account until it finally restored the mail domains.
    I don¬t see the need to restore all of this when they are already there and I don¬t see what is the big deal about making available to the owner of the RBX software the possibility of un-checking these checkboxes.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: RBX default checkbox options 2005/05/08 17:18:19 (permalink)
    This is simply illogical because in case if domain / ftp user do not exist then there is no reason to restore mail domain only. RBX will restore mail domain If both domain / user exist in HC database. I am afraid We cann¬t change basic design of RBX just becuase of one user rather it is not possible for us to implement. There is no such vulnerability with HC.
    Jump to: