LockedBetter Merak support

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2006/04/26 07:39:54 (permalink)

Better Merak support

Dear HC,

I hope we can have better HC support. Actually I really like the way HC integrates with Merak. It simply creates the admin account, then its up to Merak¬s web admin for you to create accounts, etc.

The problem is HC does not understand Meraks "defaults for new accounts".

So for EVERY client that signs up here, we have to uncheck a bunch of things like antispam and challenge response in user¬s activated services... Activate B&W List, set the attachment and disk space size (I defined this on a per domain basis), etc. A bit annoying.

Ideal would be if HC could understand the DEFAULTs for new accounts in Merak, then it would be perfect. We wouldnt have to keep changing things manually for every domain admin account that HC creates...

Thanks a lot, HC!

5 Replies Related Threads

hgurol
    RE: Better Merak support 2006/04/26 12:40:12 (permalink)
    I dont like and never find the current integration enough. For the new version I would like to see more things integrated, more than just integrating the default settings of merak.

I would like my users to be able to arvhieve the most common mail functions thru the HC panel, without the need to login into a different admin panel of merak.

Yes, more intensive integration of merak into the HC panel please.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Better Merak support 2006/01/05 12:02:47 (permalink)
    Definately new version will have lot of Merak Administraiton options directly in HC panel and your customers will not have to login in Merak Web interface to perform them.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Better Merak support 2006/02/05 06:37:45 (permalink)
    The only thing is that creating accounts, etc. via HC things get more dangerous. The way it is, the most that can happen is HC stop creating admin user in Merak. So Im happy the way it is, even because in Merak you can customize web admin via XML. Maybe you guys can offer both modes...

So there are some panels that let you create Merak accounts, etc. via it, but on the other hand you dont have all the options Merak web admin offers.

Maybe HC can show us a beta when available so us Merak users can comment.

Some panels are really strict and dont even let you create accounts via Meraks control panel, so if HC has some problem and doesnt create accounts, etc. you are unable to create accounts. Unless you create in Merak, but then it wont show for your users via the panel.

So this is something that has to be taken into consideration.

What I requested and not sure HC team got my suggestion, is the fact that the Domain Admin account created by HC DOES NOT inherit defaults defined in Merak. So we have to ALWAYS uncheck a bunch of options, define limit for space/msg size, etc. I wish this isnt needed.
    kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: Better Merak support 2006/07/05 13:11:24 (permalink)
    I would like to have the option of turning email account creation off and have it just create mail admin acocunt.

Maybe Iwill turn mail domain creation off alltogether. HC sometimes gets hacked even though system are up2date.

KM
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Better Merak support 2006/05/19 07:39:54 (permalink)
    just an idea, if you want domain creation off, all you have to do is put an old API.DLL in \windows\system32 :)
    Jump to: