LockedHC v7 Clustering what do you think??

Author
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
2006/06/22 14:32:08 (permalink)

HC v7 Clustering what do you think??

Right guys and girls i want your views on my suggestion

Over the past couple of months we have had some major issues with our dedicated servers, hardware failures etc causing all sorts of problems and lots of down time for our end users

My view on this was we should have setup a cluster so all sites, data were mirrored over to multiple servers, so when users access their websites they were accessing the site in 1 of several servers.

This way if the sites are spread over multiple servers if one fails everything stays up. In the new hosting world everyone wants 100% uptime the best possible site uptime they can get and they are prepared to pay for it

My question is we know hc v7 is bringing some multi server features but from what im aware clusters as in the sense of windows 2003 clustering support will not be there, neither will network load balancing support.

So we are stuck in the position of waiting for v7 with the knowledge that it may not help us out, so at the moment we are trying to get our cluster operational with hc v6.1 most of it we should be ok with just a couple of hc issues we will have to fix.

What i want to know is users views on this, is clustering a feature people would like?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: