LockedAutomatic Port 3000 Redirection for webbase mail

Author
pabloP
2007/04/02 06:06:48 (permalink)

Automatic Port 3000 Redirection for webbase mail

Hi to all

Does anybody know how can I automatically redirect mail.sampledomain.com to mail.sampledomain.com:3000 when I add the new domain.
It is good for Web base email access.( MDeamon Mail server users)

Now, I must add a mail.sampledomain.com subdomain and manually redirect it to mail.sampledoamin.com:3000 per domain.

Regards,
Pablo

2 Replies Related Threads

kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: Automatic Port 3000 Redirection for webbase mail 2007/04/02 16:50:47 (permalink)
    Why not just have it answer on port 80 so you would not need a port number?

If you host sites on the same machine as your email server and you have more than one Ip address , then you can assign one for we and one for email.

You will need to disable ip pooling though. You can google for an article on that, it is pretty easy.

KM

KieranMullen
    pabloP
    RE: Automatic Port 3000 Redirection for webbase mail 2007/10/02 06:42:59 (permalink)
    Thx.

Here is ip pooling disable tuto:

To disable socket pooling, follow these steps: 1. Open a command prompt and make sure you are in the X:\Inetpub\Adminscripts folder (where X is the IIS installation drive). To do this, type the following lines at the command prompt:
    X:

CD\Inetpub\Adminscripts
    2. After you open the Adminscripts folder, type the following line at the command prompt:
    cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/disablesocketpooling true
    3. The command replies as follows:
    disablesocketpooling : (BOOLEAN) True
    4. Stop and start the IIS Admin service.
    5. Restart the WWW service.
    Jump to: