LockedAccount Sheet not created

Author
nextmill
2007/07/19 10:39:03 (permalink)

Account Sheet not created

Problem we are finding is that if the users email address matches the domain name being created, the account sheet is never generated by HC! So lets say a new customer signs up for hosting and wants to use their name@theirdomain.com, well if theirdomain.com can't be resolved via DNS yet, then HC will never generate the account sheets.
I fully understand that its going to be tough for HC to send out the sheets when the mail account hasn't been generated and dns hasn't been generated but it should at least create them so that we can go back into SYSTEM EMAILS and click resend!

We found this bug because we are trying to move domains to our HC server. We have to delete DNS because if we don't, HC fails to create the account. So once we delete DNS, we create the account without mail and specify the users current email address which happens to be in their domain. HC fails to ever generate any account sheets and thus even after we manually add the MX record back into DNS we have no option to 'resend' the account sheet.

4 Replies Related Threads

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Account Sheet not created 2007/07/20 00:22:20 (permalink)
    Shouldn’t the email be the last process in line.

i.e.
    1. Create Folders
    2. Create IIS Config
    3. Create FTP Config
    4. Create DNS Config
    5. Create Mail Config
    6. Send Account Creation Email?

I know this of course isn’t the complete order as there’s a lot more to it!

All though it is good practice to make customers use an offsite email address, i.e. not one hosted by you. Last thing you want is your mailbox to die and not been able to contact a client.

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    nextmill
    RE: Account Sheet not created 2007/07/20 07:49:27 (permalink)
    Unfortunately many existing customers don't have another email address or never use an offsite email address, they prefer to use their domain name after years of use.

As for the creation/sending of the email, that is correct, it sets everything up and then because it can't lookup the MX (because we did not check to create MAIL because it already exists and would cause HC to fail) it fails to populate the SYSTEM EMAILS section with the account creation/detail sheets so we can't 'resend' after the account is created.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Account Sheet not created 2007/07/20 08:24:18 (permalink)
    We will change the implementation in upcoming build 11 and provide different following categories under System emails option of HC panel.

1- Sent Emails
    2- UnSent Emails

Therefore you can choose any of the suitable option to resend emails.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Account Sheet not created 2007/07/20 10:38:46 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by nextmill
    As for the creation/sending of the email, that is correct, it sets everything up and then because it can't lookup the MX (because we did not check to create MAIL because it already exists and would cause HC to fail) it fails to populate the SYSTEM EMAILS section with the account creation/detail sheets so we can't 'resend' after the account is created.

Eh???

If the create mail domain isnt ticked you will not get any mail i.e. no mx record like you said

So i assume you have the email accounts already setup in your mail server and then just using hc to create the mx records etc.

If thats the case i might be able to sort you a workaround.

You can add a global dns record on domain creation, there is a setting when you setup dns in hc7, so you could add a custom mx record, and an A record for the mail entry. But this will cause duplication if some domains tick create mail domain check box.

HC can't do much about it if your mail domain is already created like i said the above should workaround it maybe.

But your right hc should store the system emails no matter if there is an error in email delivery :)

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    Jump to: