LockedLoad Balancing?!?!?!

Author
plateaultd
2008/01/26 08:25:26 (permalink)

Load Balancing?!?!?!

We have just started moving our servers from HC 6.1 to HC 7. We have resellers who want all their sites on one server, so they only need to remember a single IP address and a single ftp login for site management.

Now all of a sudden when we add a 2nd server to our "cluster" HC is insisting on putting a new site for this reseller on a different server. Any suggestions on how can we prevent this?

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Load Balancing?!?!?! 2008/01/26 12:44:05 (permalink)
    You can either enable manual load balancing at My Server :: Load Balancer Settings or can set 'Purposing' as 'Reseller Only' for your main server at this path ( Server Manager :: My Servers :: Edit Server ). In that way HC convert all resellers created on the main server into dedicated resellers and all of their domains/users will be created on the same server. I hope its clear to you.

+1-213-341-1419
    plateaultd
    RE: Load Balancing?!?!?! 2008/01/28 12:22:50 (permalink)
    I can find two settings:

Server Manager :: My Servers :: Edit Server
    Purposing: Everyone/Reseller Only.

My Server; Users; Load Balancing and see the following:
    Host Setting: Automatic/Manual
    Reseller: Automatic/Manual,with the ability to select resellers.

Are these the settings you are talking about? I tried to look both of them up in the on-line documentation, but could not find any description of these settings.
    Which leads to two questions:

1. I am not sure exactly what these settings do. Are they documented in plain english as to their purpose?

2. How do these two setting interact with each other?

Thanks
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]You can either enable manual load balancing at My Server :: Load Balancer Settings or can set 'Purposing' as 'Reseller Only' for your main server at this path ( Server Manager :: My Servers :: Edit Server ). In that way HC convert all resellers created on the main server into dedicated resellers and all of their domains/users will be created on the same server. I hope its clear to you.

+1-213-341-1419

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Load Balancing?!?!?! 2008/01/29 04:50:37 (permalink)
    I can find two settings:

Server Manager :: My Servers :: Edit Server
    Purposing: Everyone/Reseller Only.

My Server; Users; Load Balancing and see the following:
    Host Setting: Automatic/Manual
    Reseller: Automatic/Manual,with the ability to select resellers.

Are these the settings you are talking about?

Yes I am talking about these two settings.

I tried to look both of them up in the on-line documentation, but could not find any description of these settings.

Quick help is available in HC panel for purposing. Manual load balancing is a new option added so we will update our online documentation soon.

Which leads to two questions:

1. I am not sure exactly what these settings do. Are they documented in plain english as to their purpose?

Let me explain you these two options:

1- Purposing

Each server added in the cluster can be used for either only resellers or for both resellers and shared hosting; this needs to be made clear while adding a new server.

Everyone (Reseller, End User) : It refers to the shared hosting. Selecting this option makes server available for shared hosting only.

Reseller Only : It refers to the dedicated hosting. Selecting this option makes server available for reseller hosting only.

2- Load Balancer Settings

Host Settings :

- If you have selected 'Automatic' means Load Balancing is enabled for host and HC will decide where to create resellers according to the servers added in the cluster.

- If you have selected 'Manual' means Load Balancing is disabled for host and HC will list the available servers according to the servers added in the cluster to create resellers.

Resellers Settings :

- If you have selected 'Automatic' means Load Balancing is enabled for resellers and HC will decide where to create domains/users according to the servers added in the cluster.

- If you have selected 'Manual' means Load Balancing is disabled for resellers and HC will list the available servers according to the servers added in the cluster to create domains/users.

2. How do these two setting interact with each other?

Load balancing is based on purposing selected under Server Manager for each server. As in your case, you want to have data of all resellers on a single server so you can select 'Reseller Only' purposing for your main server.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: