2005/01/21 23:57:01
jfarrance

Access MDB to MS SQL

Without much thought, I did my initial install of Hosting Controller to an Access MDB. I very much want to move the database to MS SQL now. Is this an easy process? I looked around but did not see any info on migrating. Is it possible? If so, is the info on it somewhere? Thanks - Jeremy
4 comments Leave a comment
ts
I also would like to know more about this..

We have some HC mdb installs that we would like to migrate to SQL
2005/01/21 14:33:31
Korsow
How about this work around, try it on a test system first, Uninstall HC, Import the DB from MDB into sql server, Re-install HC< let it create a db with a diffrent name than the one you import it, then go into enteprise maneger delete the newly created DB and rename the imported one to the name specified when you installed it, If HC creates teh same tables and everytjing is basically the same then it should work, its worth testing on a NON live system to see if this solution works

Peace
Tim
2005/01/21 15:37:51
pverzoni
Just use the MS Access upsizing wizard, we did this on all our HC installs and has been working fine.

PV
2005/01/21 15:43:03
HC Team
Use MS Access upsize wizard or ms sql import wizard to export database to SQL. Once done, change the databse connection information in HC settings. That¬s it!
2005/01/24 23:57:01

Comments are closed.